Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Job no: 500131
Work type: Full Time
Vacancy type: Internal Vacancy, External Vacancy
Categories: Academic - Research Only / Fellowship
Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia's leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We've helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia's first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you'll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
Macquarie University is developing the nation's first fully integrated academic health sciences centre under a university's leadership. With a focus on patients and an ultimate goal of improving lives, MQ Health – the Macquarie University Health Sciences Centre – will see true convergence of the learning and research endeavours of Macquarie's Faculty of Medicine & Health Sciences (FMHS), with the clinical care provided at Macquarie University Hospital (MUH) and Macquarie University Clinical Associates (MUCA). MQ Health brings together the excellent work of medical and allied health researchers across the University and around the country, with unparalleled access to world-leading clinical resources and research facilities found only on our campus.
Join us and start seeing the world in a different light.
Seeking a Postdoctoral Research Fellow to assist with research in the field of dementia research with a focus upon the evaluation of novel nanoparticle delivery systems that can cross the Blood Brain Barrier for targeted drug delivery into the brain. We have a long-standing track record in the development of a wide range of nanoparticle-based drug delivery systems, and work closely with the ARC Centre of Excellence in Nanoscale Biophotonics. The purpose of this position is in the application and translation of these nanoparticles systems into drug delivery applications for neurodegenerative diseases. This position will have the following responsibilities:
- contribute towards research in evaluation of a series of different nanoparticle vehicles that can cross the Blood Brain Barrier and utilize cellular targeting systems for neuronal or glial-specific drug delivery for the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's disease and motor neurone disease
- Contribute towards the supervision of PhD students
- Participate in the preparation of research funding applications from internal or external sources
To be considered for this position, the applicant will demonstrate the below requirements in their CV and a one- to two-page cover letter:
- PhD in a relevant biomedical-related discipline with relevant experience conducting research in neurosciences or cell biology.
- Proven ability to conduct high quality research, evidenced by peer-reviewed publications, and a history of research excellence evidenced by prizes or awards, relative to experience.
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with team members.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and delivery of innovative research.
- Knowledge and experience in relevant experimental techniques that may include blood-brain barrier models, and transgenic mouse models of neurodegenerative diseases.
Salary Package: From $88,420 to $94,760 p.a. (Level A), plus 9.5% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading.
Appointment Type: Full time, 18 months fixed-term
Specific Role Enquiries: Dr Bingyang Shi (email@example.com) or Prof. Roger Chung (firstname.lastname@example.org)
General Enquiries: Daniella Oreskovic on email@example.com
Applications Close: 11:55pm on Sunday, 21 May 2017
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search resultsPrint application form Apply now