Macquarie is the University of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia's leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We've helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia's first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you'll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
Join us and start seeing the world in a different light.
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research) [DVCR] is responsible for the development and strategic enhancement of Macquarie University's research, research training, and innovation profile as well as the creation, support and advancement of local, national and international research collaborations and partnerships.
The PVC Research Performance and Innovation Portfolio aims to sustain and grow the university’s research profile through the development and implementation of strategies to build research innovation, capacity and capability and leverage commercialisation opportunities.
The Office of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Research is currently seeking a suitably qualified Project Manager for the newly created Data Science and eResearch Team. Reporting to the Director, Data Science and eResearch, you will:
- Contribute to the strategic development, planning and implementation of projects and initiatives supporting the Data Science and eResearch Platform strategy across the University
- Build and manage relationships and work in collaboration and consultation with internal and external stakeholders to deliver project objectives
- Contribute to the development and implementation of policy, procedures and guidelines that support eResearch and data management
To be considered for this position, applicants must demonstrate, in a separate document, how they meet the Selection Criteria below and upload this document as part of the application process:
- A relevant degree or equivalent qualifications and experience managing complex projects involving change management
- Sound knowledge of project management methodologies, practices and principles including familiarity with software development project management practices
- Working knowledge of Data Science and eResearch practices, and an understanding of these practices within the higher education and research sector
- Working knowledge of data management and/or High Performance Computing, including application of open source software and approaches to these domains
- Demonstrated ability to manage and build relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders at all levels of an organisation including senior stakeholders
For further information regarding this role please view the position description below.
Salary Package: from $96,328 - $107,186 p.a. (HEW Level 8), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
Appointment Type: full-time, 3 years fixed-term
Enquiries: Melissa Mesiti, HR Consultant on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Sunday, 2 July 2017 at 11.55pm (AEST)
Position Description: Project Manager, Data Science and eResearch PD_HEW 8.docx
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.