Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia's leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We've helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing the Australia's first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you'll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
In Macquarie's Faculty of Science and Engineering you'll join passionate researchers and educators blazing new trails in the spirit of discovery and exploration. Encouraged to think boldly, and supported by some of Australia's most outstanding facilities, brilliant minds converge in our faculty to create incredible new possibilities: the world's first attempt to synthesize complex life, the creation of Wi-Fi, the discovery of dancing dwarf galaxies, and the development of blue LED light. Inspired by challenge and opportunity, we look forward to welcoming you as we imagine a new future together.
Join us and start seeing the world in a different light.
Our IT team currently has a vacancy for a talented and qualified Web Applications Developer. Reporting to the Systems Team Lead, you will develop, maintain and manage the Faculty's Web Applications. You will:
- Working in close collaboration with others, assume responsibility for the web application lifecycle from analysing user needs to delivering agreed outcomes
- Provide specialist technical advice and support to the team, clients and stakeholders
- Research web technologies, make recommendations and implement application solutions
Qualifications and Skills
To be successful in this position you will demonstrate:
- Strong communication skills including effective consulting and relationship management skills
- Competence in a variety of programming languages commonly used on the web and in a variety of platforms
- Designing, developing and implementing and maintaining effective web applications
To be considered for this position applications must respond to the selection criteria below and attach as a separate document in the application process.
- Proven ability to write high-quality, maintainable software
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and frameworks
- Demonstrated knowledge of web standards and common architectures
- Experience with integrating varied and distributed information systems
- Experience with a variety of programming languages commonly used on the web and in a variety of platforms
- Demonstrated knowledge of setting up and managing code repositories
For further information regarding this role please view the position description
This position will require a Criminal history check.
Salary Package: from $87,699 - $95,084 p.a. (Level 7), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
Appointment Type: full-time, continuing
Enquiries: Abed Kassis, System Team Lead via e-mail abed.kassis@ mq.edu.au or phone +61 2 9850 9554
Applications Close: Tuesday 25 April, at 11.55pm
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.