- Utilise your management experience and expertise in technologies for learning and teaching
- Work within a proactive and collaborative team
- Full-time, continuing
Macquarie is the University of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia's leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We've helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia's first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you'll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by a beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
The Learning Innovation Hub within the portfolio of Pro Vice-Chancellor, Learning and Teaching, supports and services the University community to inspire, promote and lead transformations in education. Learning Technologies and Services within the Learning Innovation Hub provides the engineering, technical and operations focused aspects that support the online learning environment, including the specification, design, integration and maintenance of learning and teaching technologies.
This group collaborates with Faculty Learning and Teaching teams to build capacity towards scholarly and innovative learning and teaching practice.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Learning Technologies Systems and Support Coordinator within the Learning Technologies and Services team. Reporting to the Operation Manager, Learning Technologies and Services, the successful candidate will:
- Manage a multi-disciplinary team to provide high level support resources and training programs for users of learning technologies;
- Manage projects related to the iLearn lifecycle including pilots and implementation of new learning technologies, upgrades and phasing out of end of life technologies;
- Provide expert advice and network support across the Faculties and offices to develop and implement online programs;
- Coordinate communications about learning technologies to the iLearn community.
To be considered for this position, you will have:
- Demonstrated knowledge of Learning Management Systems and other learning technologies used in a higher education environment;
- Thorough understanding of how these learning technologies can be implemented to enhance learning and teaching;
- Demonstrated experience in managing projects and commercial relationships in a complex technical environment;
- Experience in managing relationships with key clients and external stakeholders to inform decision making for performance and continuous improvement of learning technologies;
- Experience in leading and managing teams in an online and web based learning technologies environment;
- Experience in providing technical support and developing resources and training programs for users of learning technologies.
For further information regarding this role please view the position description below.
To be considered for the role, please submit your application online, including a covering letter outlining your suitability for the position (not more than 2 pages) and your resume.
Salary Package: from $96,328- $107,186 p.a. (Level 8), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading.
Appointment Type: Full time, continuing
Specific Role Enquiries: Amanda Parker, Operations Manager, Learning Technologies and Services on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: 30 May 2016 at 11.55 pm
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.
Learning Technologies Systems and Support Coordinator PD -Approved 18.4.17.pdf