Macquarie is the University of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia’s leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We’ve helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia’s first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you’ll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by a beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
Join us and start seeing the world in a different light.
Sustainability at Macquarie University is driven by a dedicated team of professionals who provide active support and engage with staff, students and partners to incorporate the principles of sustainability into the fabric of the University. We strive to build a culture that brings our values of respect, authenticity and sustainability to life.
Reporting to the Director of Sustainability, we are seeking a suitably qualified Sustainability Officer who will coordinate and facilitate the on-going implementation of the Leadership and Governance strategic portfolio.
To be considered for the position, you must submit a cover letter which addresses the criteria below and upload this and your cv as part of the application process:
- Completed post-graduate degree in a sustainability-related field or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training;
- Demonstrated capacity for developing and enhancing effective relationships with diverse groups;
- Demonstrated experience in providing support and guidance to others in creative and innovative ways to achieve sustainability outcomes;
- Demonstrated experience in public speaking and/or presenting a persuasive business case and/or action/s and/or thought leadership;
- Demonstrated capacity to develop, implement and manage one or more sustainability programs/projects at an organisational level;
- Demonstrated capacity to gather, analyse and report on data in an engaging manner;
- Ability to think holistically at the strategic level (environmental, social and financial) and use this perspective to build the capacity of teams to respond to challenges and complexities.
- Personal alignment to the Macquarie University Sustainability's values
This position requires a criminal record check.
For further information regarding the role and Macquarie University Sustainability please view the position description and Sustainability strategy document below.
Salary Package: from $87,699 - $95,084 (HEW Level 7), plus 9.5% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
Appointment Type: Full time, 6 month fixed-term contract (parental leave cover)
Specific Role Enquiries: Leanne Denby, Director of Sustainability at leanne.Denby@mq.edu.au
General Recruitment Enquiries: Jason Abbott, HR Graduate Intern at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Sunday, 2 July 2017 at 11:55pm (AEST)
Position Description: PD_Sustainability Officer_May2017.docx
Macquarie Sustainbility Strategy Document: Macquarie University Sustainability strategic intent.docx
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.