Allied Mental Health Professionals
Registered or Clinical Psychologist / Mental Health Nurse / Social Worker / Occupational Therapist
We are Expanding! Access Macquarie Virtual Clinics
We are seeking enthusiastic, mental health professionals who wish to work in innovative, world class, virtual mental health clinics.
More than 3 million Australian adults experience disorders of anxiety and depression each year, but many do not seek treatment. Access Macquarie Virtual Clinics (AMQVC) are a ground-breaking mental health initiative. We have 2 clinics in operation, The MindSpot Clinic and PORTS.
The MindSpot Clinic is a free telephone and online service for Australian adults troubled by symptoms of anxiety or depression.
PORTS is a new program designed for people with symptoms of low mood, depression, stress, anxiety, or substance use problems. PORTS is a free service available to residents of Western Australia aged 16 years and older, who have been referred by a GP.
The Clinics provide online and telephone information, psychological assessment and evidence-based cognitive behavioural treatment. AMQVC support people to access psychological assistance and draws on a stepped-care model of treatment, helping people to receive support that meets their needs.
If you enjoy working in a busy, high quality, and supportive environment, then our virtual clinics may be the place for you! Demand for our services is growing and we have opportunities for experienced, skilled and dedicated allied mental health professionals to partner with us in providing online and telephone mental health services for adults with high prevalence conditions.
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Provide a range of online and telephone-delivered psychology services to patients including psychological assessments, triage and referrals.
- Support patients to receive appropriate and comprehensive treatment from AMQVC, including a range of telephone-supported and structured online CBT courses
- Assist in the development, implementation and review of AMQVC approaches and actively participate in supervision and patient management processes
Key Selection Criteria:
- Tertiary qualifications in Psychology or Allied Health discipline along with AHPRA registration relevant to tertiary qualification e.g. Psychologist, Social Worker, Occupational Therapist, Mental Health Nurse
- Demonstrable evidence of skills and a minimum of 2 years experience in working with patients with anxiety disorders and depression, including skills in the delivery of treatment and crisis plans, using an evidence based CBT model
- High level of oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, including the ability to work ethically, effectively and efficiently in a multi-disciplinary team
What we offer?
- Opportunity to develop skills in world-class virtual delivery of mental health services
- A supportive environment with weekly individual and group supervision, and lots of peer support
- Learning opportunities, including educational workshops twice a month and weekly consultations with psychiatrists
- Competitive salary
- Benefits available to AMQVC staff
These are full time, fixed term roles working 5 days across a 6-day roster reflecting the clinic opening hours of 8:00am to 8:00pm. Part time positions may be considered. We are based at Macquarie University, Sydney, close to public transport, and are a 5-minute walk to the Macquarie Shopping Centre.
If you are interested in these exciting positions please submit your resume along with a cover letter addressing your suitability to the key criteria to: email@example.com.
Please note any applications that do not include a cover letter specifically addressing the key selection criteria will not be considered.
For further information please contact Carol Purtell, Clinic Director on 02 9805 3001.
You must have unlimited working rights in Australia