Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia's leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We've helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia's first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you'll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
In Macquarie's Faculty of Science and Engineering you'll join passionate researchers and educators blazing new trails in the spirit of discovery and exploration. Encouraged to think boldly, and supported by some of Australia's most outstanding facilities, brilliant minds converge in our faculty to create incredible new possibilities: the world's first attempt to synthesize complex life, the creation of Wi-Fi, the discovery of dancing dwarf galaxies, and the development of blue LED light. Inspired by challenge and opportunity, we look forward to welcoming you as we imagine a new future together.
Join us and start seeing the world in a different light.
The Department of Chiropractic has an excellent opportunity for an engaged and motivated clinics coordinator to manage and coordinate the operations of the Department’s chiropractic businesses and clinical placements. The role is offered initially as a 12 month fixed-term parental leave replacement.
Reporting to the Director of Clinics, as the Clinic Operations Coordinator you will:
- Work closely with the Director of Clinics to develop operational plans and the annual budget for the clinics
- Coordinate across the full administration and clinics operational spectrum including staffing, systems, health and safety administration, student internships and external placements, rostering procurement and facilities
- Administer the operating budget for the clinics
- Develop, implement and review systems and processes to enable the effective delivery of service
- Co-ordinate external events involving Clinic facilities and staff
To be considered for this position, please apply online with your CV and cover letter (1-2 pages) addressing the selection criteria below:
- A relevant qualification in business administration and experience or extensive experience in administration
- A current drivers licence
- Excellent track record of managing the day to day operations of a group of clinics or busy office
- Providing exceptional customer service to internal and external clients and stakeholders
- Demonstrated track record in organisational skills including prioritising tasks, problem solving day to day administration issues, and managing work through to completion within tight deadlines
- An understanding of Health and Safety principles in a clinical setting
Further further information, please refer to the Position Description
Due to the nature of the position, the successful incumbent will be required to undertake a criminal history check.
Salary Package: from $87,699 - $95,084 p.a. (Level 7), plus 9.5% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
Appointment Type: full-time, fixed term 12 month parental leave replacement
Enquiries: Rosemary Giuriato, Head of Department on firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 2 9850 6992
Applications Close: Sunday 25 June 2017 at 11.55pm
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with disability; women; Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.