- Provide essential research administrative support
- Opportunity to work with leading academics
- Supportive, innovative and dynamic team environment
Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia’s leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We’ve helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing the Australia’s first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you’ll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
Macquarie University's Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences builds on our aspiration to have the nation's first fully integrated Academic Health Sciences Centre under a university's leadership. It brings together the excellent work of medical and allied-health clinicians and researchers across the University and around the country, with unparalleled access to the world-leading clinical resources and research facilities found only on our campus.
Join us and start seeing the world in a different light.
Reporting to the Faculty Research Manager, the Administrator, Research and Ethics will provide administrative support to the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences research support team. This is a busy and varied role that will see the successful candidate accountable for many activities, including:
- Provision of secretarial and administrative support for the Faculty’s Low-Risk Human Research Ethics Committee.
- Responding to, escalating or referring queries related to faculty human and/or animal research activities.
- Providing procedural advice and information to researchers and HDR candidates on a variety of matters related to Macquarie University’s research management system, research and ethics policies, procedures, guidelines and administrative requirements.
- Collating, reviewing and providing reports on the Faculty’s research income, outputs and other data, using university research management systems.
For further information regarding this role, please click here to view the position description.
To be considered for this position applicants must provide a cover letter and attach as a separate document with responses to each of the selection criteria below:
- Demonstrated understanding of research grant applications, funding and ethics processes in a tertiary education environment.
- Knowledge of legislation and regulations relating to medical research.
- Well-developed, demonstrated computer skills in database management, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and web-based research.
- Demonstrated experience working in a detailed administration role, including preparation of agendas, meeting minutes, reports, presentations and documentation required by committees. Previous experience working in a complex organisation, preferably within the higher education sector
Salary Package: From $67,625 to $76,886 p.a. (HEW Level 5), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading.
Appointment Type: Full time, continuing position
Specific Role Enquiries: Kyle Ratinac, Faculty Research Manager at email@example.com
Applications Close: 11:55pm on Sunday, 2 July 2017
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.