Service Desk Analyst
Job no: 501247
Work type: Full Time
Vacancy type: Internal Vacancy
INTERNAL APPLICATIONS ONLY
The Roles (two positions available)
Reporting to the Service Desk Team Leader, the IT Service Desk Analysts provide phone, email and face to face IT services to clients.
- Respond to incoming Incident and Service Requests from end users and document in the ITSM system all pertinent end user information in accordance with standards.
- Using technical knowledge, analyse Incidents and Service Requests to identify and document required actions. Immediately resolve where possible, or identify and document likely cause, classify, prioritise, and escalate in accordance with procedure.
- Manage tickets in the ITSM system to ensure they are processed in accordance with service levels, priorities and procedures. Work with Level 2 and 3 teams to ensure end users are kept informed of progress. Close tickets after they have been resolved to the satisfaction of the end user. Undertake post resolution follow-up of requests to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Build rapport with the clients to develop a knowledge of and empathy with their business, business cycles, critical periods and key requirements. Develop and maintain a good knowledge of the systems, services and procedures within IT and a good general knowledge of the structure and functions of the University.
- Contribute to the Knowledge Base and develop documentation and FAQ’s for tech staff and clients.
To be considered for this position, candidates must submit as part of their application, a response to the selection criteria below:
- Experienced in supporting Mac OS, Microsoft Windows, Office, Active Directory, Cloud and Network Services with a high level of skill. Demonstrates technical knowledge of the systems, services and processes that are the responsibility of the Service Desk. ITIL V3 certification mandatory.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Actively demonstrates a client focused approach in all activities and takes ownership to resolve client requests. Identifies and analyses client needs and offers solutions appropriate to the client's role and level of technical understanding.
- Excellent Incident Management and troubleshooting skills. Documents all actions and troubleshooting steps and communicates these to relevant stakeholders.
- Proactively prioritises and manages own workload (and time) to meet individual and team service targets and KPI's.
- Maintains awareness of technology developments.
- Experience drafting technical documentation and FAQs for both technical staff and clients.
For further information regarding this role, please view the position description below.
Salary Package: from $67,625 - $76,886 (HEW Level 5) plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading.
Appointment Type: 2 x Full-time, continuing positions
Specific Role Enquires: Shirley Yu, Service Desk Team Leader on firstname.lastname@example.org
General Recruitment Enquiries: Jason Abbott, HR Graduate Intern on email@example.com
Applications Close: Wednesday, 26 July 2017 at 11:55pm (AEST)
Position Description: Service Desk Analyst_Client Services_IT Dept_PD_Final.docx
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search resultsPrint application form Apply now