Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia's leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We've helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing the Australia's first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you'll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
The Faculty of Science and Engineering
Macquarie University’s Faculty of Science and Engineering is undergoing a dynamic period of growth from 2017 and beyond. The faculty consists of a newly formed School of Engineering, nine departments and associated research centres.
The Faculty offers true diversity, with more than 500 passionate staff and an engaged student body who are dedicated to the advancement of science and engineering in the 21st century. Each staff member enjoys a distinct place in our team, with recognition for their unique perspective and support for their collaboration goals. This diversity allows us to continue to learn, grow and create in innovative and exciting ways.
We are searching for talented and energetic administrative professionals for multiple administration positions within the faculty. As an Administration and Outreach Coordinator, you will be responsible for providing administrative support for the Department’s outreach activities and secretarial support for the Senior Department leadership team, and supporting outreach activities with schools and other partner organisations.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Providing personal assistant support for senior department staff (e.g. Head of Department, Senior Academics) with preparation of documents for committees, conferences and meetings
- Coordinating and organising on and off-site department events and meetings, including arranging bookings, catering, travel and conference attendance
- Acting as department contact for IT and facility management including space/office requirements and maintaining the floorplan, department directory and other relevant resources
- Organising appropriate paperwork and inductions for work experience students
- Assisting in the drafting and distribution of department communications, ensuring website content is updated and current, collecting data and preparing report as required
To be considered for the position, you must submit an updated CV, and a cover letter (no more than 3 pages) which addresses the selection criteria below:
- Demonstrated skills and experience in providing administrative and secretarial support including office and diary management activities
- Experience in establishing and managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Experience in preparing internal communications, agendas, minutes, reports and presentations
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management skills, with experience in coordinating events and projects
- Ability to manage confidential matters with discretion
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Office Applications and Outlook
- Experience in updating and maintaining website
- Understanding of social media platforms
For further information regarding this role please view the position description below.
Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate will be required to undergo a criminal history check.
Salary Package: from $67,625 - $76,886 p.a. (Level 5), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
Appointment Type: 3 x Full time, continuing. Part time and flexible hours will be considered.
Enquiries: Lizzy Nguyen on email@example.com.
Position Description: Administration and Outreach Coordinator PD
Applications Close: Wednesday, 26 July 2017 at 11:55pm AEST. Previous candidates do not need to apply.
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.