Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia's leading research universixties, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We've helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing the Australia's first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you'll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
Join us and start seeing the world in a different light.
Macquarie University’s central IT Department delivers a range of core services covering wired and wireless networks, infrastructure, applications, telecommunications, design and procurement of systems, project management and business analysis services, strategic IT security, and a growing number of support and advice services (such as information and data management).
The Role (3 positions available)
The IT Service Desk provides a first point of contact for MQ staff and students. We provide various service delivery modes including a central phone number, desk side support, self-service support and online request service.
The core responsibility of the Service Desk Advisor is to provide effective first level IT support to all MQ staff and students for all service requests, including incident diagnosis, troubleshooting and accurate recording of calls received and resolution activities.
The position will primarily be responsible for:
- Providing Level 1 IT support via phone, email and in-person
- Logging, troubleshooting, resolving or escalating and accurately recording incidents and service requests using Service Now
- Remote desktop software installation and troubleshooting
- Troubleshoot, setup and configure devices including iPad, iPhone, Android, Surface Pro etc.
- Create and maintain user profiles and access
- Contribute to the identification and development of potential improvements to response procedures for commonly reported incidents.
- In consultation with Service Desk Team Leader, record and maintain the team knowledge base and FAQ
- Comply with relevant EEO and WHS Regulations
- Perform any other duties as required and as appropriate for the incumbent’s level of competence.
To be considered for this position, you will need to have an IT background (studying or working) and also need to demonstrate the below criteria - please upload your response to the selection criteria as a seperate document when submitting your application:
- Demonstrated experience working with ITIL based processes, strong incident management skills
- Highly developed written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work independently and as a team
- Experience working with Windows OS, Office 365, MAC OS and Active Directory
- Experience working in providing excellent IT-related customer service
- ITILv3 Certified
- Microsoft and other industry certifications
- Microsoft Windows 7/8/10
- MAC OS
- Microsoft Office365
- Outlook 2016 for Windows and MAC
- Google APPs
- Active Directory
A requirement for this role is shift work.
The successful applicant will need to be available for a 7-day roster between the hours of 8am and 8pm.
Salary Package: $42.45 per hour (Casual HEW Level 4), plus 9.5% employer's superannuation
Appointment Type: Casual
Specific Role Enquiries: Shirley Yu, IT Service Desk Team Leader on firstname.lastname@example.org
General Recruitment Enquiries: Jason Abbott, HR Graduate Intern on email@example.com
Applications Close: Wednesday, 26 July 2017 at 11:55pm (AEST)
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.