Applications are invited from current students enrolled in FBE programs to lead groups of up to 20 students in PAL sessions in 2018. These roles will be undertaken under the supervision of the PAL Coordinator. If you feel that you have the ability to assist the Faculty’s Learning and Teaching team in this domain, please consider this opportunity.
Positions are available in the following units:
ACCG100: Accounting 1A
ACCG 101: Accounting 1B
ACCG 200: Fundamentals of Management Accounting
ACCG 224: Intermediate Financial Accounting
ACCG 250: Accounting Systems Design and Development
ACCG611: Principles of Accounting
ACST 101: Finance 1A
ACST201: Financial Modelling
AFIN 102: Finance 1B
AFIN 253: Financial Management
BUSL250: Business and Corporations Law
ECON 111: Microeconomic Principles
ECON110: Macroeconomic Principles
ECON203: Microeconomics Analysis
MKTG101 - Marketing Fundamentals
MKTG202 - Marketing Research
- Current enrolment in an undergraduate degree in the Faculty of Business and Economics at Macquarie University
- Achievement (or anticipated achievement) of a Distinction or High Distinction grade in the nominated unit or comparable unit
- Completion of at least 24 credit points and an overall minimum GPA of 3.0. Please attach your latest transcript with your application
To be considered for this position applicants must upload their CV, transcript, cover letter responding to the selection criteria (no longer than 2 pages) below in a separate document and upload in the application process.
- Demonstrated excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to relate well to other students and have a variety of life and work experiences
- Demonstrated positive outgoing attitude with a commitment to excel
- Demonstrated understanding of PAL objectives
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise tasks as required
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively without supervision and as part of a team
Following a selection process, successful applicants will be entered into the Faculty PAL Facilitator Database and will be contacted directly where there is an appropriate match for their skill base, disciplinary background, availability, and demand. Inclusion in the database does not imply that employment is guaranteed.
For further information regarding the responsibilities of the position, please view the position description.
Position Description: PAL Facilitator FBE HEW3.pdf
Appointment type: Casual
Enquiries: For further information about this position please contact Ammy Kwong on email@example.com
For information about PAL program, please visit: https://students.mq.edu.au/support/study/peer-assisted-learning
Salary Package: HEW Level 3 - $37.97 p/hr
Application Close: For sessions commencing in 2018, applications will close on 2 October 2017.
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.