Lecture in PACE, Faculty of Arts
Job no: 501511
Work type: Part Time
Vacancy type: Internal Vacancy
Categories: Academic - Teaching and Research
Expression of Interest – Associate Lecturer (Level A)/Lecturer (Level B) in PACE, Faculty of Arts
- Open for current Macquarie staff only
- Part-time (0.8 FTE), fixed term secondment for 2 years
The Faculty of Arts PACE (Professional and Community Engagement) team has a 2-year secondment opportunity for an Academic (Level A or B) position (0.8 FTE) and is now accepting expressions of interest from Macquarie staff interested in applying for this opportunity.
Reporting to the Academic Director of PACE in FoA, Dr Maria Amigo, you will have responsibility for: convening and managing the delivery of the Faculty PACE unit(s); contributing to monitoring of PACE units and activities in the Faculty, together with evaluating their impact and the experiences they deliver for students and partners; contributing to strategic planning for the delivery of PACE in FoA; developing strong collaborative relationships with PACE unit convenors and PACE professional staff in Arts and across the University; and undertaking, promoting and facilitating PACE-related research in the Faculty.
To be considered for this position, please apply online with your CV and cover letter (1-2 pages) addressing the selection criteria below:
- A PhD in an area relevant to the academic program of the Faculty of Arts and/or PACE
- Demonstrated excellence in learning and teaching with knowledge of innovative curriculum design and delivery relevant to PACE and the Faculty of Arts
- Capacity for building productive learning and teaching collaborations, preferably in relation to experiential and/or transformative learning, that enhance the experiences of students and partner organisations
- Demonstrated excellence in research with a record of high quality refereed publications or other demonstrated scholarly activities in an area relevant to PACE and/or the Faculty of Arts
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with excellent organisation and time management
Contact Officer for inquiries:
Dr Maria Amigo, Academic Director of PACE, FoA: extension 8825; firstname.lastname@example.org
Assoc Prof Peter Keegan, Associate Dean (Learning & Teaching), Faculty of Arts email@example.com OR Lindie Clark, Academic & Programs Director, PACE: firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary Package: Level A from $70,374 to $94,760 p.a. or Level B from $99,879 to $118,174 p.a., plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading. The appointment will be commensurate with experience.
Appointment Type: Part-time, 28 hours per week (0.8 fraction) for a period of 2 years. Secondment opportunity will be considered.
Applications Close: Monday, 30 October 2017 at 11:55pm.
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search resultsPrint application form Apply now