Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia’s leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We’ve helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia’s first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you’ll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by a beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
Join us and start seeing the world in a different light.
About your team
Group Marketing manages and promotes the University’s brand, reputation and achievements. The Strategy team is responsible for creating purpose in communications and ensuring cumulative messages are conveyed with consistency. The team engages university wide to co-create marketing strategies for each area of the university, aligning the needs, strategies and messages to develop a consistent brand message with clear purpose, tailored for each area of the university.
The Senior Portfolio Partner works closely with clients to develop and implement complex and multi-channelled marketing plans, campaigns and initiatives aligned to university marketing strategies.
In this role, you will build and manage relationships with key internal stakeholders to identify market differentiators, positioning and develop priorities and an annual strategy and activity plan. You will develop strategies and design distinctive propositions aimed at maximising target audience responsiveness to the University’s recruitment campaigns. You will also manage 2 direct reports.
- Degree and/or extensive (10 + years) equivalent experience in marketing or related discipline
- Demonstrated skill and experience developing and implementing strategic marketing plans and advertising campaigns
- Strong interpersonal with demonstrated extensive experience building and managing relationships and partnerships with the ability to gain stakeholder support across all levels of the organisation
- A track record of developing and implementing successful multi-channelled marketing campaigns including the ability to identify issues, develop resolution strategies
- Excellent ability to design creative and distinctive propositions
- Team management experience
- Proven ability to adapt in a rapidly changing environment
How to Apply?
The University has engaged Six Degrees Executive Recruitment to assist in the recruitment process. Please contact Ivor Lloyd-Rees, Six Degrees Recruitment on IvorL@sixdegreesexecutive.com.au or call 02 8024 7177 to apply.
Salary Package: From $115,570 to $122,061 p.a. (HEW Level 9), plus 17% superannuation and annual leave loading
Appointment Type: Full time, continuing position
Applications Close: 11.55pm AEST Friday, 20 October 2017
Position Description: PD_Senior Porfolio Partner_9.pdf
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.