Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia’s leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We’ve helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia’s first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie, you’ll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
In Macquarie’s Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences you’ll join leading researchers, passionate educators and internationally respected clinicians, united in a mission towards delivering the best patient care. Home to the Australian Institute of Health Innovation and Australia’s first fully integrated academic health sciences centre, we are a place of bold discoveries and distinctive educational programs that embolden the future leaders of healthcare.
Join us and start seeing the world in a different light.
We are seeking a Biomechanical Research Assistant to provide administrative and research support to the principal researcher on projects related to biomechanical engineering. Key accountabilities of the role are to:
- Support the principal researcher with document preparation, setup and collection of patient data from experiments associated with research projects
- Support the principal researcher with specimen, tissue and fixture preparation for mechanical testing and data collection during mechanical testing of specimens
- Under the direction of the principal researcher, create 3D computer models and process data using engineering software
- Under the direction of the principal researcher, segment CT/MR images to create 3D anatomical models
For further information regarding this role, please click here to view the position description.
To be considered for this position, the successful applicant will demonstrate the below requirements in their CV and a 1 - 2 page cover letter:
- A Bachelor degree in Mechanical engineering or related discipline.
- Understanding of biomechanics simulation software such as Nexus and OpenSim.
- Ability to conduct literature searches, prepare bibliographies and write operational documents.
- Agile, resourceful problem solver, detail oriented and organised.
- Experience using software packages such as Matlab and Python
Salary Package: From $43.73p/hr to $47.13p/hr (HEW Level 4), plus 9.5% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading.
Appointment Type: Casual position
Role-specific queries: Dr Danè Turner at firstname.lastname@example.org
General Enquiries: Daniella Oreskovic at email@example.com
Applications Close: 11:55pm on Friday, 24 November 2017
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.