Associate Lecturer in Music Studies (Level A)
Job no: 501885
Work type: Full Time
Vacancy type: Internal Vacancy
Categories: Academic - Teaching and Research
- Open for current Macquarie staff only
- Work with supportive and dedicated team
- Full-time, continuing
Department of Media, Music, Communication and Cultural Studies (MMCCS) within the Faculty of Arts is a vibrant, interdisciplinary department offering a range of programs in critical inquiry and creative practice. The Department is seeking a Lecturer in Music Studies with proven interdisciplinary skills. The successful candidate will also have a research track record relative to opportunity and clear research strategy for the future.
At Macquarie University, Music combines practical and theoretical components and offers students the opportunity to specialise in particular musical interests to gain a comprehensive understanding and appreciation of diverse 20th and 21st century music and industries. The areas covered in our program include music production, singing, performance, screen music, sound, popular music studies, avant-garde music, world music and music industries. The successful applicant will teach into a range of areas across the music discipline and must have experience in popular music theory and practice and a strong knowledge of music industry engagement and practice.
To be considered for this position, the applicant will demonstrate the below requirements in their CV and a 1 - 2 page cover letter:
- A relevant Bachelors (honours) degree or Masters research degree in a relevant discipline and a relevant PhD;
- Relevant teaching experience and evidence of high quality teaching contributions at an undergraduate level;
- Experience and evidence of teaching and researching in popular music theory and practice;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team;
- A coherent and intellectually ambitious medium-term research strategy;
- Evidence of scholarly publications relative to opportunity;
- Experience in music industry practice;
- Interest and ability to teach vocal studies and/or song-writing.
Interest, ability and experience the following area:
- Experience in teaching interdisciplinary subjects, such as sound and screen studies, arts management.
Salary Package: from $70,374 - $94,760 p.a. (Level A), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading.
Appointment Type: Full-time, continuing
Enquiries: Head of Department: Associate Professor Nicole Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Sunday 26th November 2017 at 11:55pm
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search resultsPrint application form Apply now