Associate Lecturer (Internal Only)
Job no: 502119
Work type: Part Time
Vacancy type: Internal Vacancy
Categories: Academic - Sessional Teaching
This role is open to eligible Macquarie University staff members only.
The Department of Psychology gives its students unique hands-on learning experiences in first-class facilities, clinics, research centres and labs. The department is recognised internationally for its excellence in research and teaching and offers a range of high-demand postgraduate degrees.
The Department of Psychology is inviting applications from current casuals for a part-time, fixed term teaching-focussed Associate Lecturer position for the Master of Professional Psychology program.
The successful candidate will contribute up to 80% teaching and teaching related duties, involvement in scholarship and research related to psychologist training, and service to the department. This position will make a particular contribution to the Master of Professional Psychology curriculum, accreditation requirements and student liaison. The successful candidate is encouraged to supervise research projects in the honours program.
To be considered for this position, applicants must respond to the selection criteria below and then upload the response as a separate document during the online application process.
Relevant criteria for this position includes:
- A PhD
- Demonstrated academic knowledge in the discipline and experience delivering high quality learning and teaching, including the design, delivery, and management of lectures, small group supervision, and assessment in relevant teaching units
- Experience in the selection process required for prospective candidates in professional psychology programs.
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to relate to staff and students from all backgrounds
- Demonstrated experience to make a useful contribution to the academic life and administrative tasks of the Department with a track record of effective teamwork
- Eligibility for registration as a psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia
Salary Package: Level A, $70,374 – $94,740 p.a (pro rata) plus 9.5% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading.
Appointment Type: Part time (14 hours per week), to end on 31st December 2019
Start Date: 29th January 2018.
Specific Role Enquiries: Prof Erik Reichle on email@example.com
General Recruitment Enquiries: Melissa Kruup on firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 2 9850 4880
Applications Close: Thursday, 18th January 2018 at 11.55pm.
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search resultsPrint application form Apply now