Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia's leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We've helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia's first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you'll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
Macquarie University's Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences builds on our aspiration to have the nation's first fully integrated Academic Health Sciences Centre under a university's leadership. Such integrated approaches to patient care, discovery and work force preparation are already well established within the United States, Europe and Asia. It will bring together the excellent work of medical and allied health researchers across the University and around the country, with unparalleled access to the world-leading clinical resources and research facilities found only on our campus.
Reporting to the Program Manager, Education and Faculty Initiatives, the successful applicant will coordinate and provide administrative assistance for the Faculty’s education programs including the Bachelor of Clinical Science, Doctor of Physiotherapy and Master of Public Health. Some specific accountabilities of the role include:
- Liaise with staff and external Academics to coordinate their contribution to the faculty’s academic programs.
- Work with the Program Director to ensure staff and honorary appointees with teaching commitments are provided with access to L&T and appropriate support.
- Work with the Program Director to ensure teaching spaces are set up as required, and teaching materials are maintained and provided.
- Work with Academic staff to ensure teaching materials are prepared and available for staff and students.
- Support program committees, including scheduling and preparation of agendas and minutes.
- Prepare and submit paperwork for submission to Faculty governance committees.
For further information regarding this role, please view the position description below.
To be considered for this position, applicants must write a cover letter (of no more than 2 pages) outlining their relevant experience. The cover letter document and resume can be uploaded as part of the application process.
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Degree or equivalent experience in business administration or higher education sector or related discipline
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office and internet, and experience in using complex information management systems
- Providing and coordinating administrative support
- Providing advice and support to a diverse range of stakeholders
- Working in administration or customer service
Salary Package: From $69,654 - $79,193 (HEW level 5), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
Appointment Type: Continuing positions on either a part time or full-time basis.
General Enquiries: Daniella Oreskovic at Daniella.Oreskovic@mq.edu.au
Applications Close: 11:55pm on Sunday 17th December
Position Description: Please click here to download the position description.
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.