Job no: 502259
Work type: Full Time
Vacancy type: Internal Vacancy
OPEN TO CURRENT MACQUARIE UNIVERSITY STAFF ONLY
The Management Accountant position is a critical role supporting the Head of Management Accounting in providing financial analysis, reviewing divisional results and other ad-hoc projects.
Specifically, you will:
- Support the Head of Management Accounting in the review and analysis of budgets, forecasts and commentary prepared by Faculties and Offices.
- Support the Head of Management Accounting in the preparation of ad hoc analysis and business cases for University initiatives, as required.
- Provide specialist financial advice and support to a range of Offices within the Chief Operating Officer portfolio
- Provide specialist financial advice and support to finance managers where appropriate.
- Perform general accounting functions as required including reviewing and approving journals, analysing and developing financial reports accounting analysis.
- Review and/or develop reports to ensure appropriate financial records are current and accurate.
- Perform assigned University level monthly financial analysis as required.
For more information about this role, please view the position description below.
To be considered for the position, you must submit a cover letter which addresses the criteria below and upload this and your CV as part of the application process:
- Degree in Finance/Accounting or related discipline.
- CPA qualification or international equivalent.
- Advanced Excel skills with experience of analysing, manipulating and summarising large volumes of data in a robust and controlled manner.
- Analysing and reporting on financial data, budgets and assisting with forecasting.
- Providing guidance on and developing financial reports including commentary.
- Engaging with senior stakeholders.
- Using complex computerised accounting or enterprise information systems.
This position requires a criminal record check.
Salary Package: from $99,218 – $110,402 per annum (HEW Level 8) + super
Position Description: Management Accountant L8_OFS_ V1.4.pdf
Appointment Type: Full time, fixed-term (13 months)
Role specific Enquiries: Dave Lovelace, Director of Planning and Performance on email@example.com
General Recruitment Enquiries: Jason Abbott, HR Graduate Intern on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Sunday, 21 January 2018 at 11:55pm (AEDT)
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search resultsPrint application form Apply now