Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives.
Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university: one unbound by ivory towers and sandstone walls. Rather, we are focused on fostering collaboration between students, academics, industry and society, encouraging all to traverse the boundaries of their own perspective and affect change.
Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. A place of constant stimulus and human interaction.
Together, we advance world-class theoretical thinking and translate it into real-world solutions. We’re connecting people across the most diverse fields of knowledge to create bold new possibilities: for their careers, intellectual endeavours, enterprises and the common good.
At Macquarie, people become skilled at switching between specialist and generalist mindsets; mastering complexity, thinking holistically and helping to create a better future.
Connect with us today.
Employee Relations is a specialist HR team responsible for providing support and advice on the implementation of the University’s employment and industrial frameworks to ensure alignment with the University’s strategic mission and values.
They work in close consultation with the HR Client Relationships and other HR specialist teams, including Strategic Resourcing & Talent, Health and Safety, Organisation and Staff Development and Payroll to ensure optimal advice and service delivery, implement initiatives and programs aimed at improving HR service and/or meeting specific organisational needs, goals and strategies.
Reporting to the Manager, the Senior Employee Relations Consultant will work with a team of professionals and partner with a diverse range of stakeholders on the provision of advice and support in handling complex and sensitive employment matters. Your day-to-day activities will include:
- Leading case management of performance, disciplinary and grievance issues ensuring equity in the process and alignment with the Enterprise Agreement
- Change management including advising and assisting in the management of staff consultation and redundancy processes
- Co-ordinating and facilitating dispute resolution processes and, as required, representing the organisation as an advocate
- Coaching managers and HR partners to address and resolve sensitive and/or complex employee relations matters
- Researching, analysing and identifying solutions to complex employee relations and HR matters
- Researching and developing advice and options to inform the organisation’s industrial strategy
To be considered for the position, please submit a cover letter (maximum three pages) which addresses the criteria below, and upload this and your CV as part of the application process.
- Experience working within the Australian legal and industrial framework at both State and Federal level, providing expert advice with respect to legislative, EA and policy requirements.
- Experience handling employment matters including performance, conduct and grievance processes effectively.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to prepare and provide recommendations, policies, reports, proposals and advice.
- Ability to effectively negotiate and influence key internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience providing coaching advice to managers and supervisors handling sensitive employment matters.
A degree qualification or equivalent experience in HR, IR or legal qualifications and/or related experience, is required.
For further information regarding this role, please view the Position Description below.
*Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate will be required to undergo a Criminal History Check.
Salary Package: From $117,304 to $123,892 per annum (HEW Level 9), plus 9.5% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
Appointment Type: Full time, fixed-term contract until January 2020
Specific Role Enquiries: Leah Angrisano, Manager, Employee Relations firstname.lastname@example.org
General Recruitment Enquiries: Lizzy Nguyen, HR Administrator email@example.com
Applications Close: Sunday 3 June, 2018 at 11.55 pm (AEST)
Position Description: Senior Employee Relations Consultant 9
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.