Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia's leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We've helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia's first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you'll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
In Macquarie's Faculty of Science and Engineering you'll join passionate researchers and educators blazing new trails in the spirit of discovery and exploration. Encouraged to think boldly, and supported by some of Australia's most outstanding facilities, brilliant minds converge in our faculty to create incredible new possibilities: the world's first attempt to synthesize complex life, the creation of Wi-Fi, the discovery of dancing dwarf galaxies, and the development of blue LED light. Inspired by challenge and opportunity, we look forward to welcoming you as we imagine a new future together.
Join us and start seeing the world in a different light.
The Department of Statistics is currently seeking a suitably qualified Associate Lecturer/Lecturer (Level A/B), for a part-time (.40% FTE), two-year fixed term position, in a teaching-only role. The Department is one of the largest University Statistics groups in Australia, with 20 academic staff. We teach across all levels, with a large first-year service teaching cohort, majors in both Statistics and Decision Science, and two postgraduate coursework programs: Master of Applied Statistics and Master of Biostatistics. The successful applicant will teach in a variety of units at undergraduate and/or postgraduate level, undertake associated administration, and contribute to university service.
To be considered for this position applications must respond to the selection criteria below and attach as a separate document in the application process.
Your Application must:
- include your résumé/Curriculum Vitae with your residency status
- explicitly address the selection criteria which are given below
- include the names, addresses and/or email details of three referees
- A PhD (or submitted) in statistics or a related discipline or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Demonstrated ability to teach undergraduate statistics, for example by experience in tutoring or lecturing
- Ability to collaborate and interact effectively with teaching teams, staff and students
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
Desirable Criteria for Associate Lecturer (level A) and an Additional Criteria for Lecturer (level B)
- Teaching experience demonstrating both commitment and success; or a demonstrated capacity to develop the skills that enable effective and innovative teaching of Statistics
- Associate Lecturer from $70,374 to $94,760 (level A) p.a, (.40%FTE) plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
- Lecturer from $99,879 - $118,174 (level B) p.a, (.40%FTE) plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
Appointment Type: Part-time (2 days per week), 2-year fixed term appointment
Role Specific Enquiries: Professor Gillian Heller on email email@example.com or phone +61 2 9850 8541.
Applications Close: Sunday, 6 May at 11:55pm AEST
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with disability; women; Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.