Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives.
Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university: one unbound by ivory towers and sandstone walls. Rather, we are focused on fostering collaboration between students, academics, industry and society, encouraging all to traverse the boundaries of their own perspective and affect change.
Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. A place of constant stimulus and human interaction.
Together, we advance world-class theoretical thinking and translate it into real-world solutions. We’re connecting people across the most diverse fields of knowledge to create bold new possibilities: for their careers, intellectual endeavours, enterprises and the common good.
At Macquarie, people become skilled at switching between specialist and generalist mindsets; mastering complexity, thinking holistically and helping to create a better future.
In the Faculty of Business and Economics we are highly engaged with the world around us, applying our knowledge to make a positive impact. Working with our corporate partners, students and alumni, we create and share research that addresses business and societal challenges. We attract independent thinkers from all corners of the globe and draw on our international connections to improve the lives of communities worldwide. Our courses are recognised by key industry bodies and include the country's longest-running and most highly regarded actuarial studies and finance programs.
Connect with us today.
Learning and Teaching activities in the Faculty of Business and Economics aim to provide a connected learning community through the provision of creative and innovative learning experiences, improving graduate and postgraduate capabilities and fostering a culture that supports excellence.
We are seeking an experienced and proactive Senior Learning Designer to design, develop, and implement innovative learning activities and assessments designed for a global audience of learners. The successful candidates will be highly passionate about education, work well within a cross-functional team with ambitious goals and tight deadlines and will be prepared to invite and offer constructive feedback in order to learn, change and grow.
With strong curriculum writing skills, this is a hands-on role developing innovative, engaging learning experiences for learners from around the world.
Reporting to the Program Director (Design and Experience), you will be joining a dynamic team of educators and learning experts and will be instrumental in:
- Designing, developing and producing innovative, engaging learning resources, including high-quality assessments.
- Providing group and individual professional development and expert advice to teaching staff on curriculum and assessment design, and the use of technologies on a designated learning management system.
- Collaborating with a cross-functional team to deliver outstanding online education experiences to learners from around the world.
To be considered for this position, please respond to the selection criteria (maximum 2 pages) below and submit your response along with your cover letter and CV. For more in-depth detail on the role, please refer to the required knowledge and key experiences listed in the Position Description.
- Degree in education/education technology or relevant equivalent knowledge, training and / or experience;
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience in teaching, online education, instructional design, and / or learning science; experience designing and developing full degree curriculums will be a highly desirable plus.
- A record of past achievement developing engaging and effective learning resources and assessments;
- Creative problem-solving abilities, excellent written and verbal communication, and strong interpersonal and operational skills.
- Strong bias for action and ability to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic, and cross-functional environment.
- Ability to initiate, coordinate and manage numerous projects and schedules simultaneously.
Senior Learning Designer L&T HEW8.pdf
Salary Package: ranging from $100,706 p.a. (Level 8) plus 17% superannuation and annual leave loading. Salary and level will be subject to relevant experience.
Appointment Type: full time continuing
Specific Role Enquiries: Dr Yvonne Breyer, Program Director (Design and Experience) at firstname.lastname@example.org
General Recruitment Enquiries: Alex Righton, Human Resources on email@example.com
Application Deadline: Monday 28 May 2018, 11:55 pm
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.