Rewarding opportunity for an enthusiastic well-organised professional to join the Faculty of Arts to deliver high quality research student-centred candidature management services.
- From $81,841- $90,339 (Level 6) p.a. plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
- Full-time, permanent position
- Macquarie University (North Ryde) location
We are seeking a suitably qualified Higher Degree Research (HDR) Officer to join the Arts Higher Degree Research Team. Reporting to the Faculty Higher Degree Research Manager, you will provide specialist advice and deliver high standard student-centred candidature management services. One of the keys aspects of the position is assessing HDR and Master of Research applications for admission and scholarship. This is a busy role, requiring high level of planning, prioritising and executing a broad range of activities and information.
Drawing on your experience in a similar role, preferably working in a higher degree research administration environment, you will have experience of student administration and resolving sensitive, confidential and complex student matters. Your analytical and problem solving skills will enable you to review applications and provide feedback to applicants on their application. You will be able to work collaboratively with academic and professional University staff to provide a professional service aligned to the Faculty’s and the University’s Higher Degree Research Strategy.
One of the leading arts and humanities faculties in Australia, Macquarie's Faculty of Arts is home to bold thinkers and passionate educators who are asking the big questions about the world. United in the spirit of interdisciplinary discovery we explore the human story from its earliest foundations in ancient cultures to its exciting future. Our research is gaining global recognition and with six research centres, two museums and state-of-the-art media facilities, we empower our staff to transform themselves and the world around them.
The Arts Higher Degree Research Office (AHDR) Office works in partnership with the Faculty academic and professional staff, the University Higher Degree Research Office (HDRO) and other University stakeholders to deliver high standard student-centred candidature management services. The AHDR Office administers the full cycle of research training degrees and research pathway programs for domestic and international students. Click here to find out more about the Faculty of Arts.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, applicants MUST address the selection criteria in their application. Please apply online and attach your resume and a separate cover letter addressing each selection criteria below:
- Experience in the tertiary education sector, including experience in student administration, preferably in higher degree research environment.
- Experience in case managing intricate situations and in interpreting, applying and advising on complex policies and procedures to a diverse audience.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to build and maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated high level of flexibility, adaptability, organisational skills and working in a high-volume and time-sensitive environment.
- Experience in using complex student administration systems or other complex information management systems.
- Excellent computer literacy skills, including experience in using Microsoft Office applications and web-based software applications.
For further information regarding this role please view the position description
Appointment Type: full time, continuing appointment
Specific Role Enquiries: Maryanne Hozijan on email@example.com
Applications Close: Sunday, 3 February 2019 at 11.55pm
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.