Expression of Interest - Unit Co-convenor for Genetics and Genomics in Medicine (MEDI209)
Job no: 503929
Work type: Casual
Vacancy type: Internal Vacancy
Categories: Academic - Sessional Teaching
This role is open to eligible Macquarie University staff members only.
Expressions of interest are sought from staff to co-convene Genetics and Genomics in Medicine (MEDI209) within the Bachelor of Clinical Science, with the possibility of independently convening this unit in future offerings. This role will be undertaken under the supervision of the unit convenor.
This unit focuses on cell structure and function, genetics and fundamental biochemistry in the context of medicine and medical research, and provides a basis for further studies in metabolism and genomics (as part of the biochemistry theme of units within the B Clinical Science).
Practical, tutorial and lecture-based activities will introduce students to the molecular bases for inheritance, and the DNA/RNA technologies that are impacting medicine and medical research.
To be considered for this position, applicants will possess the following:
- PhD in Biomedical Science or a related discipline
- Evidence of research and/or teaching experience in area of biochemistry, cell biology and genetics
- Excellent communication and planning skills
- Availability to teach lectures, practicals, tutorials, mark assignments and final exams and support MEDI209 as co-convenor during evolution of a 6-week MED0 2019 (7-Jan to 15-Feb 2019)
- Availability to convene, expand, teach and mark (i.e., lectures, practicals, tutorials, assessments) into a revised 13-week MED209 (S2 2019) B Clinical Science unit
Preference will be given to applicants who can demonstrate:
- Research experience in biochemistry or genetics with a strong translational focus
- Formal teaching qualifications, such as FILT or a fellowship in higher education
Applications must be accompanied by a resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria above and clearly identifying academic qualifications; work history and subject area. Where possible, please also upload a copy of your academic transcript of your highest tertiary qualification.
Role Enquiries: Mira Strkalj at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Wednesday 23 May 2018 at 11:55pm
Note: This role would be suitable for a current academic staff member looking to incorporate teaching into their current workload.
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search resultsPrint application form Apply now