Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives.
Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university: one unbound by ivory towers and sandstone walls. Rather, we are focused on fostering collaboration between students, academics, industry and society, encouraging all to traverse the boundaries of their own perspective and affect change.
Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. A place of constant stimulus and human interaction.
Together, we advance world-class theoretical thinking and translate it into real-world solutions. We’re connecting people across the most diverse fields of knowledge to create bold new possibilities: for their careers, intellectual endeavours, enterprises and the common good.
At Macquarie, people become skilled at switching between specialist and generalist mindsets; mastering complexity, thinking holistically and helping to create a better future.
Connect with us today.
Optus Macquarie University Cyber Security Hub
The Optus Macquarie University Cyber Security Hub was established to become the partner of choice for industry and government regarding cyber security issues. Its focus is on generating and transferring knowledge in cyber security technologies and governance. This structure draws together:
- Leading academics from different disciplines with expertise in various aspects of cyber security, in particular technology, finance, governance and policing;
- Partners from the private sector; and
- Government agencies
The Optus Macquarie Cyber Security Hub requires a skilled and efficient administrator to provide administration support to the Department. As an Administration and Outreach Coordinator, you will be responsible for providing administrative support for the Department’s outreach activities and secretarial support for the Senior Department leadership team and supporting outreach activities with schools and other partner organisations.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Providing personal assistant support for senior department staff (e.g. Directors of the Hub, Senior Academics) with preparation of documents for committees, conferences and meetings
- Coordinating and organising on and off-site department/Hub events and meetings, including arranging bookings, catering, travel and conference attendance
- Acting as contact of the Hub for IT and facility management including space/office requirements and maintaining the floorplan, department directory and other relevant resources
- Assisting in the drafting and distribution of department/Hub communications, ensuring website content is updated and current, collecting data and preparing report as required
To be considered for the position, you must submit an updated CV, and a cover letter (no more than 2 pages) which addresses the selection criteria below:
- Demonstrated skills and experience in providing administrative and secretarial support including office and diary management activities
- Experience in establishing and managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Experience in preparing internal communications, agendas, minutes, reports and presentations
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management skills, with experience in coordinating events and projects
- Ability to manage confidential matters with discretion
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Office Applications and Outlook
- Experience in updating and maintaining website
- Understanding of social media platforms
For further information regarding this role please view the position description below.
Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate will be required to undergo a criminal history check.
Salary Package: from $70,699 - $80,381 p.a. (Level 5), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
Appointment Type: Full-time, fixed term (2 years)
Role Specific Enquiries: Melina Chan, Department Manager on email@example.com
General Recruitment Enquiries: Diane Abinoja on firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Description: Administration and Outreach Coordinator PD
Applications Close: Sunday, 29 July at 11:55pm AEST
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.