INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY
The Higher Degree Research Office (HDRO) manages the administration of the University's Higher Degree Research (HDR) Degrees, including the MRes program. The Office works with key stakeholders including the University Faculties, the Dean of Higher Degree Research and the Higher Degree Research Committee in the development and implementation of quality enhanced activities to support candidates and the academic staff supervising them. The HDR Office reports to the Office of the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Research), striving to implement the Strategic Research Framework for Macquarie University 2015-2024: World Leading Research; World Changing Impact.
We are looking for a highly motivated and innovative individual to take up a challenging leadership role within the Higher Degree Research Office. The successful applicant will be part of the Senior HDR Management team and actively engage in development of University's research profile.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Research Training and International Research Training Partnerships, you will be responsible for developing and driving the implementation of strategies to achieve the goals of the HDRO. You will manage and lead a dedicated team of staff, including planning and resourcing staff resources, developing, coaching, mentoring and managing performance to deliver service outcomes and continues improvements.
As a highly skilled communicator and relationship manager, key to your success will be your ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders, in particular influencing senior stakeholders.
To be considered for the position, candidates must respond to the selection criteria below and upload this and your CV as part of the application process.
- Postgraduate degree and/or research based PhD in relevant field
- An understanding of Australian Higher Education environment specifically relating to Higher Degree Research
- Demonstrated experience working in a HDR or Research Management environment
- Proven experience in developing and implementing strategic and operational plans
- Strong track record in developing and maintaining effective working relationships with senior stakeholders
- Knowledge and understanding of HDR research scholarship schemes, HDR reporting system, databases in an Australian Higher Education environment with the University's research profile
- Understanding of regulatory requirement relating to (e.g. ESOS, AQF, Autonomous Sanctions Act, code of conduct for responsible research etc) is desirable.
For further information regarding this role please view the position description below.
Salary Package: From $125,601 to $147,807 (HEW level 10), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
Position Description: Position Description_Deputy Director HDR Partnerships and Scholarships 180529.pdf
Appointment Type: Full-time, continuing
Specific Role Enquiries: Dr Ren Yi, Executive Director, Research Training and International Research Training Partnerships on firstname.lastname@example.org
General Recruitment Enquiries: Marleen Baeten, HR Officer on email@example.com
Applications Close: Friday, 29 June 2018 at 11:55pm (AEST)
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.