Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives.
Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university: one unbound by ivory towers and sandstone walls. Rather, we are focused on fostering collaboration between students, academics, industry and society, encouraging all to traverse the boundaries of their own perspective and affect change.
Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. A place of constant stimulus and human interaction.
Together, we advance world-class theoretical thinking and translate it into real-world solutions. We’re connecting people across the most diverse fields of knowledge to create bold new possibilities: for their careers, intellectual endeavours, enterprises and the common good.
At Macquarie, people become skilled at switching between specialist and generalist mindsets; mastering complexity, thinking holistically and helping to create a better future.
This is an exciting time to join the Macquarie University International College (MUIC) and the English Language Centre (ELC). MUIC provides local and international students with an alternative pathway to the University’s undergraduate degree offerings. At MUIC, students can complete a Foundation or Intensive program to enter the first year of a Macquarie University undergraduate degree, or a Diploma program to then enter the second year of a Macquarie University undergraduate degree. The ELC prepares international students for university study through the delivery of English language and academic literacy programs. At the ELC, students can study a Direct Entry preparation program, Academic English, General English or a Study Tour program as a stand-alone offering, or as preparation for university study.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, motivated, customer focused administration assistant to make a real difference in the delivery of support to our domestic and international students. The successful applicant will be expected to provide an efficient, engaging and timely front-line customer service to students and staff across all aspects of the undergraduate student life cycle.
You will be a great multi-tasker, have a strong customer service focus with excellent interpersonal skills and the desire to work in a fast paced, high volume environment. You will be part of the delivery and continuous improvement of administration and support services to students.
Reporting to the Student Services Team Leader, you will:
- Engage students, teachers and other staff via the counter, phone and email;
- Ensure that your allocated administration tasks are completed accurately in a timely manner;
- Build effective relationships and work collaboratively with the team to deliver superior customer service and administration;
- Proactively work with the team to identify opportunities for MUIC-ELC students to develop their skills and experience;
- Assist with student events such as Orientation, graduation ceremonies, Student events and Open Days;
To be considered for this position, please apply online with your CV, and cover letter (up to 3 pages) addressing the selection criteria below:
- Demonstrated experience of providing accurate and quality advice to customers/ students;
- Demonstrated experience working with complex data and strong administration skills;
- Demonstrated experience in providing high level support through different mediums (phone, face-to-face, email, on-line) to students/customers in a high volume environment;
- Demonstrated ability of working proactively and effectively as part of a team;
- Knowledge of working in a culturally sensitive environment, including working with customers and colleagues from diverse cultural backgrounds (for example, international students).
For full details of the position, please view the position description below.
Position Description: Student Administration Assistant_HEW 4.pdf
Salary Package: From $64,840 - $69,883p.a. (HEW Level 4), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading.
Appointment Type: Full time, fixed-term for 2 years.
Enquiries: Hayden Barter, Student Services Manager, on 02 9850 6116 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Sunday, 24 June 2018, at 11:55pm
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications must be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.