- Opportunity to launch your career at Macquarie
- Collaborative and supportive working environment
- 2 positions available on a full-time, continuing basis
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives.
Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university: one unbound by ivory towers and sandstone walls. Rather, we are focused on fostering collaboration between students, academics, industry and society, encouraging all to traverse the boundaries of their own perspective and affect change.
Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. A place of constant stimulus and human interaction.
Together, we advance world-class theoretical thinking and translate it into real-world solutions. We’re connecting people across the most diverse fields of knowledge to create bold new possibilities: for their careers, intellectual endeavours, enterprises and the common good.
At Macquarie, people become skilled at switching between specialist and generalist mindsets; mastering complexity, thinking holistically and helping to create a better future.
One of the leading arts and humanities faculties in Australia, Macquarie's Faculty of Arts is home to bold thinkers and passionate educators who are asking the big questions about the world. United in the spirit of interdisciplinary discovery we explore the human story from its earliest foundations in ancient cultures to its exciting future. Our research is gaining global recognition and with six research centres, two museums and state-of-the-art media facilities, we empower our staff to transform themselves and the world around them.
Connect with us today.
We are seeking highly engaged and active Senior Learning Designers to be part of the Faculty of Arts Learning and Teaching team. This team supports the University in curriculum design and renewal including the development of flexible, online and blended learning, student focussed pedagogical models and effective learning experiences for students.
Reporting to the Associate Dean, Learning and Teaching, the Senior Learning Designer will:
- Lead and facilitate the design, development, and implementation of the Faculty’s educational technologies and support curriculum design and pedagogy;
- Provide expert advice to academic staff on curriculum design, pedagogy and technology;
- Lead and develop collaborative partnerships between the Faculty, Office of Pro Vice-Chancellor, Learning and Teaching and Learning Innovation Hub Group to develop tailored educational design solutions, based on an understanding of educational and technology issues and methodologies;
- Contribute to the Faculty Learning and Teaching goals and objectives.
To be considered for the position, you must submit a cover letter (no more than 2 pages) which addresses the criteria below and upload this and your CV as part of the application process:
- Degree in education/educational technologies with relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant knowledge, training and/or experience;
- Extensive leadership and management experience in educational design and the use of educational technologies to improve student learning;
- Proven record of designing, completing and evaluating projects that deliver innovative solutions and implement strategic change in teaching and learning;
- Proven experience in design, preparation and implementation of education programs (including the development of resources and learning materials) using web-based platforms and/or content management systems;
- Experience providing training or coaching to internal stakeholders in an educational environment;
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively as part of a cross functional team and across a range of stakeholders;
- High level of written communication and presentation skills; and
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills.
For further information regarding this role please view the position description below.
Salary Package: From $100,706 to $112.058 p.a. (Level 8), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading.
Appointment Type: Full-time, continuing
Specific Role Enquiries: Associate Professor Peter Keegan, Associate Dean, Learning and Teaching at firstname.lastname@example.org
General Recruitment Enquiries: Anne Kumanan, HR Officer at email@example.com
Applications Close: Sunday, 26 August 2018 at 11:55pm (AEDT)
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.
Senior Learning Designer PD - Arts_27.7.18.docx