- Salary Package: From $91,685 to $99,406 p.a. (HEW Level 7), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading.
- Appointment Type: Full-time, continuing
The Office of Information Technology is currently seeking a suitably qualified Desktop Service Team Leader to join the team.
Reporting to the Desktop Support Manager, you will:
- Lead and develop the desktop team staff, provide coaching, training and mentoring to achieve individual and team performance metrics.
- Establish agreed Desktop team service levels, in consultation with the User Services Manager, against industry benchmarks. Monitor to ensure these service levels are achieved or exceeded.
- Provide specialist Level 3 desktop support and manage complex desktop issues escalated by the User Services team and where required escalate to external vendors for repair and support.
- Maintain relevant ITSM logs, inventories and documentation, updating client tickets in a timely fashion and communicating appropriately depending on the nature of the issue, in line with ITIL processes and procedures.
- Assist with the production of statistical and other reporting related to the desktop environment
- Facilitate the IT desktop procurement and provisioning activities as required.
- Perform on-site installation, configuration, upgrade and testing of new services or analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of Desktop Incidents (faults).
As an important part of the Information Technology team that supports the research, teaching, learning and administrative functions of the University, your experience gained in a similar role will be essential in managing daily functions of the Desktop Service Team and to deliver quality, technical and client focused IT support services in a timely manner.
You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong customer focus. You will have strong organisational skills, technical understanding and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. You will have great leadership skills, high level of energy, positive attitude and be a team player.
Macquarie University’s central IT Department delivers a range of core services covering wired and wireless networks, infrastructure, applications, telecommunications, design and procurement of systems, project management and business analysis services, strategic IT security, and a growing number of support and advice services (such as information and data management).
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, please apply online and attach your resume and a separate cover letter that outlines how you meet to the selection criteria below:
- ITIL v3 Certification.
- Demonstrated experience leading a high performing team, coaching and mentoring staff working in a complex and distributed environment.
- Skilled in supporting Mac OS, Microsoft Windows, Office, Active Directory and Cloud Services and managing endpoints using SCCM / Jamf or similar solutions. Knowledge of SOE/MOE's, application and patch management, distribution (WSUS, Wise, SCCM).
- Highly customer focused with the ability to communicate at all levels within the organisation.
- Demonstrated experience in Network troubleshooting and in managing across the OSI stack.
Position Description: Desktop Service Team Leader
Enquiries: Samantha Poulos, HR Administrator on email@example.com
Applications Close: Sunday, 18 Nov 2018 at 11:55pm (AEST)
Location: Macquarie University, North Ryde, NSW 2109
Previous applicants may not reapply.
You will be required to undertake a criminal check.
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.