Administrator, Research Centre
Provide high quality support to a Macquarie University based Research Centre. A broad and varied role.
- Salary Package from $81,434 - $89,889 (HEW Level 6), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
- Appointment Type: Full time, fixed term for 3 years
The Administrator, Research Centre, will work broadly under the guidance of the Director to ensure the smooth functioning of the day to day operations of the Australian Research Council funded Industrial Transformation Training Centre for Fruit Fly Biosecurity Innovation (https://www.fruitflyittc.edu.au/), and associated activities.
Working within a small team, this role will provide administrative support, arrange purchasing, collect data and prepare reports on research activity and finances, coordinate events and meetings, assist in preparation and oversight of marketing materials, including website and social media, and act as a first point of contact for IT and facility management.
Your previous experience working in a high-volume administration role is an advantage and you thrive working in a deadline driven environment. You are able to build rapport quickly and your collaborative approach to work will enable you to create strong relationships with your colleagues.
Your keen eye for detail will enable you to ensure the highest quality support to the research centre.
The Faculty of Science and Engineering offers both undergraduate and postgraduate Degree programs across a diverse range of disciplines. The Faculty is also home to a number of world-class research centres. The Faculty continues to grow links with industry by building partnerships with commercial, government, cultural and professional organisations
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, please apply online and attach your resume and a separate cover letter (no more than 2 pages) that outlines how you meet the selection criteria below:
- Demonstrated experience in a high-volume administration role, preferably in a University environment;
- Demonstrated working knowledge of finance and budgeting principles in conjunction with a solid track record in administrating budgets and preparing reports;
- Experience in managing a social media presence as part of a marketing strategy and demonstrated communication and events coordination;
- Demonstrated skill and experience in managing multiple competing tasks within strict deadlines;
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated initiative in identifying and recommending administrative process improvements.
Please see the Position Description for further information.
Enquiries: Imogen da Silva, Department Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 9850 9479
Applications Close: 30 September 2018 11.55pm
Location: Macquarie University Campus, Macquarie Park
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.