- Salary Package: from $100,706 to $112,058 p.a. (Professional Level 8), plus 9.5% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
- Appointment Type: full-time fixed-term; 6 months (with expected funding for a further 12 month appointment)
- Macquarie University (North Ryde) location
Macquarie University is seeking an engineer to work directly with the Macquarie Analog Devices Teaching and Research Laboratory (MADTRL) team to assist with the development of innovative products for industry.
MADTRL is a bold new concept in RF/wireless circuit design, research and training. Inspired by challenge and opportunity, the MADTRL team works alongside industry engineers and university researchers to design microwave and millimetre-wave integrated circuits for applications like 5G mobile and advanced medical imaging, pushing the boundaries of high-frequency CAD and instrumentation.
As part of the engineering team, you will work directly with Analog Devices in developing new products while using Macquarie’s advanced facilities for design and test.
You will have extensive industry experience in delivering cutting-edge RF/microwave components and system products within a discipline that is relevant to the area of Electronic Engineering and have successfully undertaken high-quality R&D in areas such as designing, testing and documenting advanced high-performance integrated circuits. Previous university interactions in an industry-setting, like mentoring research students at all levels and working with university researchers in developing wireless circuit applications, is a plus.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community.
The School of Engineering sits within the Faculty of Science and Engineering and consists of an experienced and diverse team of researchers and educators blazing new trails in the spirit of discovery, exploration and impact. We are building talented and knowledgeable engineers and forming a community of innovators and creators with a passion for research and making a real impact.
To be considered for this position, please apply online by submitting your cv and a separate cover letter that demonstrates how you meet the following selection criteria:
- A BEng (Hons) with 5+ years industry experience or a Masters with 2+ years industry experience, where the experience has included manufacturing and test of your designed product; or a PhD that has included testing fabricated integrated circuits.
- Demonstrated success in high-quality product development in multiple compound semiconductor integrated circuit design technologies, and/or advanced and applied knowledge of electromagnetics as it relates to integrated circuit design at millimetre-wave operating frequencies for telecommunications and similar applications.
- Demonstrated experience with AWR Microwave Office or Keysight ADS with Cadence Analog Artist, or similar
- A record of product development in an integrated team setting with communication and interaction the customer and supply-chain
Specific Role Enquiries: Professor Michael Heimlich, School of Engineering at firstname.lastname@example.org
General Enquiries: Roberta Palfreeman, HR Manager at email@example.com
Applications Close: 14 October 2018 at 11:55pm EST
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.