Job no: 504536
Work type: Full Time
Vacancy type: Internal Vacancy, External Vacancy
- Salary Package: from $91,685 – $ 99,406 p.a. (Level 7), plus 9.5% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
- Appointment Type: Full-time, fixed term contract to start immediately until end of 2018 (with possibility of extension)
- Flexible hours available: suitable for school drop offs and pick up, or option for 28 hours a week
Group Marketing serves all university groups to promote the University’s brand, reputation and achievements globally. The Communication Team provides advice and guidance on effective internal, external communications and issues management strategies. The team manages the University’s reputation in the media as well as with key stakeholders and develop high level messaging about the University for its target audiences.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we have grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
This role plays a pivotal role in delivering on the promise to increase the reach, reputation and impact of MPID (the Macquarie Park Innovation District); www.mpid.com.au
We are looking for an enthusiastic self-starter in this roll-up-your-sleeves role that is available at an exciting time for Macquarie University as it prepares to launch Australia’s first Venture Café.
You will be responsible for the implementation of a communication strategy that integrates internal and external communication. You will work closely with the executive of MPID and be supported in your efforts by the broader Communication team. You will have experience in multi-platform communication including digital. You will have the confidence to present to small and larger groups and at the executive level in our MPID partner organisations. Most of all, you will have passion and find the purpose of MPID compelling.
To be considered for this position, please apply online and attach your resume and a separate cover letter that outlines how you meet to the selection criteria below:
- Implementing internal and external communication strategies, including digital channels
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills, with the ability to collaboratively gain stakeholder support across all levels of the organisation
- Proven demonstrated skill and experience developing, implementing and measuring communication strategies and plans across a range of channels
- Demonstrated extensive experience building and managing relationships and partnerships, including experience in providing communication advice to senior stakeholders
- Excellent writing and editing skills including the ability to identify and correct errors in grammar, spelling and punctuation
For further information about the role, please view the position description below.
Position Description: Communication Adviser_MPID Advancement 2018.pdf
Specific Role Enquiries: Amanda Crews, Director, Communications at email@example.com
General Recruitment Enquiries: Sarah Rowsell, HR Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Friday 28 September 2018 at 11:55pm (AEST)
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search resultsPrint application form Apply now