- Salary Package: From $81,434 - $89,889 (pro-rata) (HEW Level 6), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
- Appointment Type: Part-time (35 hours per fortnight), fixed term until 31 December 2020
- Macquarie University (North Ryde location)
The Administrator, Research Centre, will work broadly under the guidance of the Macquarie University Node Manager and Chief Investigator to ensure the smooth functioning of the day to day operations of the ARC Centre of Excellence for Engineered Quantum Systems (EQUS), and associated activities.
Working with a group of academic and research staff and research students, this role will provide administrative support, arrange purchasing, collect data and prepare reports on research activity and finances, coordinate events and meetings, assist in preparation and oversight of marketing materials (including website and social media) and act as a point of contact for IT and facility management within the group.
Your previous experience working in a multi-faceted administration role is an advantage and you thrive working in a deadline driven environment. You are able to build rapport quickly and your collaborative approach to work will enable you to create strong relationships with your colleagues.
Your keen eye for detail will enable you to ensure the highest quality support to the research centre.
The ARC Centre of Excellence for Engineered Quantum Systems (EQUS) builds on seven years of previous funding through the Australian Research Council Centre of Excellence scheme. From 2011-2017, our first centre carved out a niche among the world's top players. That position will allow us to compete in the next phase of research and technological transformation as quantum machines and systems begin to emerge.
EQUS will build sophisticated quantum machines to harness the quantum world for practical applications. Our Centre will pioneer the designer quantum materials, quantum engines, and quantum imaging systems at the heart of these machines. We will solve the most challenging research problems at the interface of basic quantum physics and engineering, and work with partners in industry to translate these research discoveries into practical applications and devices. Our capacity building programs will train a new generation of scientists in cutting-edge fundamental research, innovation, and entrepreneurialism, and ultimately have a major impact on Australia’s high-tech economy. More information about EQUS can been found at www.equs.org.
To be considered for this position, please apply online and attach your resume and a separate cover letter (no more than 2 pages) that outlines how you meet the selection criteria below:
- Demonstrated experience in a complex administration role, preferably in a University environment;
- Demonstrated working knowledge of finance and budgeting principles in conjunction with a solid track record in administrating budgets and preparing reports;
- Experience in managing a social media presence as part of a marketing strategy and demonstrated communication and events coordination;
- Demonstrated skill and experience in managing multiple competing tasks within strict deadlines;
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated initiative in identifying and recommending administrative process improvements.
For further information regarding this role please view the position description.
Enquiries: Emma Hastings, Department Manager on email@example.com or phone on 02 9850 8911
Applications Close: Sunday, 21 October at 11:55pm AEST
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.