- Novel and Innovative Research based at Macquarie University (North Ryde, Sydney)
- Full-time, Fixed-term position for 3 years
- Diverse role with the opportunity to contribute to the implementation of strategic plans for the unit
We are seeking a candidate to work with the Medical Director, Clinical Trials and Associate Dean, Research to develop and execute strategic plans for the sustainable growth of the clinical trials unit at Macquarie University.
The role will involve:
- Providing professional client relationship management with clinical investigators, external and internal clients, including trial sponsors, and ensuring market presence of clinical research activities at MQ Health.
- Identifying, assessing and recommending potential opportunities for the future growth of the unit.
- Leading and developing a high performing team of clinical research professionals.
- Developing and implementing a sustainable financial model for the unit.
- Implementing a quality management system for the unit, ensuring compliance with ICH GCP and Australian and University regulations for the conduct of clinical trials.
You will be commercially-focussed and have a thorough understanding of the clinical trials industry and standards. With a high level of drive and energy, you will be a key contributor to the future plans of the unit in alignment with the strategic goals of MQ Health.
You will be a strong people leader with an ability to oversee the development of a highly engaged existing team and recruit and train new team members as required. You will use your in-depth knowledge of clinical trials to ensure that quality management systems are implemented to be able to oversee the identification, analysis and management of risks associated with clinical trial projects.
The Macquarie University Clinical Trials Program at the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences was set up in January 2013 to provide patients with opportunities to participate in the latest medical advances in cancer treatment. The Program has since continued to grow with research into a range of therapeutic areas drawing from the University’s research centres and works closely with industry sponsors to deliver timely access to cutting-edge therapies. The Clinical Trials Program is strategically placed within a unique academic health environment co-located on campus, which encompasses Macquarie University Hospital (Australia’s only university-owned and operated hospital), private outpatient clinics and the medical research undertaken within the Faculty.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, please apply online and attach your resume and a cover letter that outlines how you meet to the selection criteria below:
- Degree or Master’s in life sciences or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and training in the conduct of clinical research with a strong business acumen.
- An in-depth understanding of the clinical trials processes for phase I, II, III and IV clinical trials.
- Highly developed and clearly demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Strong communication skills with an ability to negotiate with, and influence, a diverse group of stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to lead and deliver on projects involving risk management and process improvement in a clinical research setting.
- Knowledge and understanding of clinical research governance models and regulatory frameworks.
For further information regarding this role, please click here to view the position description.
Role-Specific Enquiries: Professor Howard Gurney, Medical Director, Clinical Trials at email@example.com
General Enquiries: Samantha Rego, HR Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Sunday, 28 October 2018 at 11:55pm (AEST)
Note: This position requires a criminal record check.
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.