Placement Support Officer
Job no: 504562
Work type: Full Time
Vacancy type: Internal Vacancy, External Vacancy
- Salary Package: $70,699 to $80,381 p.a. (HEW Level 5)
- Appointment Type: Full-time, Fixed term until November 2019
- Macquarie University (North Ryde) location
We are seeking a Placement Support Officer to join the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences in October 2018 for a fixed-term role to provide parental leave coverage. The incumbent will administer placements across a number of educational programs and provide support to students and partners to ensure they run smoothly. This will involve:
- Ensuring students meet the requirements of their placement program prior to commencement, including reporting on compliance requirements.
- Contributing to the facilitation of pre-commencement placement training sessions for students.
- Providing administrative support for student placements such as maintaining systems, monitoring student progress, gathering information for reporting and collecting feedback.
- Assisting with the recruitment of volunteers and general student placement support enquiries.
You will be an engaged and motivated individual, ideally with experience from a similar role or an area that offers student placements. You will show initiative and know how to prioritise work and will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to navigate through a novel mode of placement delivery with enthusiasm, resilience and flexibility to adapt if challenges arise.
Join a Faculty that is part of nation’s first fully integrated academic health sciences centre. We are a research active Faculty with research interests in biomedical, translational and health services domains. In learning and teaching, the Faculty offers a unique suite of capability-based medical education programs including a unique three-year extended masters-level, professional-entry Doctor of Physiotherapy degree, a Graduate Diploma of Anatomy program, a Master of Public Health, an accelerated 2 year Bachelor of Clinical Science program and the Macquarie MD (Doctor of Medicine). Click here to find out more about the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, the applicant will demonstrate the below requirements in their CV and a 1 - 2 page cover letter:
- Demonstrated experience working in both administrative and customer service environments (preferably in placement management and/or volunteer program management).
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with proven ability to liaise effectively at all levels with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organisational skills with the proven ability to effectively prioritise workload to meet deadlines.
- Ability to exercise initiative and work both independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated experience in working with complex information management and/or administration systems.
For further information regarding this role, please click here to view the position description.
Enquiries: Tania Kinane, Student Services Manager at email@example.com
Applications Close: Sunday, 23 September 2018 at 11:55pm (AEST)
Note: This position requires a criminal record check.
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search resultsPrint application form Apply now