- Salary Package: From $100,706 to $112,058 p.a. (HEW Level 8), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
- Appointment Type: Full time, continuing
- Macquarie University (North Ryde) location
Seeking an experienced Senior Learning Designer to support a range of medical education programs. The role will involve:
- leading the design and delivery of professional development for clinical educators.
- playing a key role in curriculum development and designing technology-enhanced units for new and existing educational programs.
- contributing to the development and transformation of educational resources through coaching, pedagogy and design, including production of digital text, graphics, animation, audio and video.
- creating comprehensive design support resources such as teacher and student guides, and rationales that support design recommendations.
You will be a passionate educator with a strong understanding of educational design and pedagogical principles, particularly in a medical education setting. Working closely with clinical educators, you will be well-versed in online and blended learning programs and will use student focussed innovative pedagogical models to support the Faculty’s educational programs.
You will have the ability to build and maintain strong relationships and coach a broad range of stakeholders to deliver educational programs and will have a talent for bringing sound pedagogical principles cohesively together with multimedia productions.
The Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences is ambitiously pushing the boundaries of progressive thinking and challenging what’s possible to solve some of the big issues of our time, both nationally and on a global scale. We have active research programs in neurosciences (especially motor neuron disease, neurological rehabilitation and the clinical neuroscience of pain), cancer medicine, and vascular science, amongst others. Our Faculty hosts the Australian Institute of Health Innovation, an internationally acclaimed powerhouse researching health systems, e-health and patient safety.
In learning and teaching, the Faculty offers a unique suite of capability-based medical education programs including a unique three-year extended masters-level, professional-entry Doctor of Physiotherapy degree, a Graduate Diploma of Anatomy program, a Master of Public Health, an accelerated 2 year Bachelor of Clinical Science program and the Macquarie MD (Doctor of Medicine).
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, applicants must address the selection criteria below in a separate document and upload the document as part of the application process.
- Degree in education/educational technologies or medical education and experience in teaching practice.
- Experience in designing and delivering professional development for teachers.
- Knowledge of online and blended learning pedagogies and learning design models.
- Proven ability to develop innovative methodologies and demonstrated experience in educational design.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively as part of a cross functional team
- Demonstrated consultative approach in handling stakeholders
- High level of written communication and presentation skills
- Strong organisational and problem solving skills
- Master’s in education (desirable)
- Demonstrated experience with multimedia, graphic design, content development or similar (desirable)
- Demonstrated use of development tools or web development technologies for creating interactive/eLearning content (e.g. Captivate, Storyline, HTML5) (desirable)
- Experience working with Google or Apple Mobile Application technologies (desirable)
- Knowledge of Healthcare systems (desirable)
For further information regarding this role, please click here to view the position description.
General Enquiries: Daniella Oreskovic at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Sunday, 23 September 2018 at 11:55pm (AEST)
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.