Peer Assisted Learning (PAL) Facilitator
Job no: 504616
Work type: Casual
Vacancy type: Internal Vacancy
- Salary Package: $38.53 per hour (HEW3)
- Appointment Type: Casual
Applications are invited from current students enrolled in FBE programs to lead groups of up to 20 students in PAL sessions in 2019. These roles will be undertaken under the supervision of the PAL Supervisor.
If you feel that you have the ability to assist the Faculty’s Learning and Teaching team in this domain, please consider this opportunity.
Positions are available in the following units:
- ACCG100: Accounting in Society
- ACCG101: Accounting and Governance
- ACCG200: Management Accounting
- ACCG224: Financial Accounting and Reporting
- ACCG250: Information Systems and Business Processes
- ACST101: Finance 1A
- ACST201: Financial Modelling
- AFIN102: Finance 1B
- AFIN250: Investments
- AFIN253: Financial Management
- BBA102: Principles of Management
- BUSL251: Business and Corporations Law
- ECON110: Macroeconomic Principles
- ECON111: Microeconomic Principles
- ECON203: Microeconomics Analysis
- MKTG101: Marketing Fundamentals
- MKTG202: Marketing Research
- ACCG611: Principles of Accounting
- ACST603: Principles of Finance
- Current enrolment in an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in the Faculty of Business and Economics at Macquarie University which will continue on for 2019 and beyond;
- Achievement (or anticipated achievement) of a Distinction or High Distinction grade in the nominated unit (must have been enrolled and passed or is currently enrolled in the nominated unit);
- Completion or anticipated completion of at least 24 credit points for an undergraduate degree and completion of 9 credit points for a postgraduate degree by end of 2018;
- An overall minimum GPA of 3.0 (on the 4.0 grade scale) or 5.25 (on the 7.0 grade scale);
- Must be available for compulsory 14 hours (2 days) training in late Feb 2019 (date TBC – usually during O Week);
- Must submit cover letter by addressing the selection criteria (no more than two pages) and a copy of latest transcript to be considered.
To be considered for this position, please apply online by submitting your CV, current academic transcript and a separate cover letter (maximum two pages) that demonstrates how you meet the following selection criteria:
- Demonstrated excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to relate well to other students and have a variety of life and work experiences
- Demonstrated positive outgoing attitude with a commitment to excel
- Demonstrated understanding of Peer Assisted Learning (PAL) objectives
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise tasks as required
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively without supervision and as part of a team
Following a selection process, successful applicants will be entered onto the Faculty PAL Facilitator Database and will be contacted directly where there is an appropriate match of their skill base, disciplinary background, availability, and demand. Inclusion in the database does not imply that employment is guaranteed.
For further information regarding this role please view the position description.
PAL Facilitator L&T HEW3.pdf.
Specific Role Enquiries: For further information about this position please contact Ammy Kwong on email@example.com
For information about PAL program, please visit: https://students.mq.edu.au/support/study/peer-assisted-learning
Applications Close: For sessions commencing in 2018 applications will close on Sunday 7 October 2018, 11:55pm (AEST).
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search resultsPrint application form Apply now