- Salary Package: From $70,699 to $80,381 p.a. (HEW Level 5) (pro-rata for part time appointments) plus 9.5% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading.
- Appointment Type: Full-time or part-time position available for 12 months
- Producing high quality, internationally regarded research in health systems, ehealth, patient safety, evaluation and aged care
- Leafy, North Ryde location, new 'state of the art' facilities
We are seeking a talented and enthusiastic researcher to take up a Research Assistant role in the Diagnostic Informatics stream. This stream undertakes a range of research investigating the contribution of information and communication technologies to the delivery of safe and effective care. This is a highly applied program of multi-method research involving collaboration with service providers and multiple stakeholders including consumers. The successful applicant will work closely with other research team members and provide assistance on several research projects within the stream. Key tasks include:
- Helping to administer and coordinate research projects,
- Undertaking literature reviews,
- Conducting observations and qualitative interviews in clinical settings
- Qualitative data analysis as part of NHMRC-funded research projects.
Combining previous multi-method research experience, ideally within the Australian Health System, you will also be proficient in the management of research tasks, demonstrating a strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines. You will be an excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills and someone who thrives off working in a team and collaborating with a range of stakeholders.
The Centre for Health Systems and Safety Research, one of the three research centres within the Australian Institute of Health Innovation (AIHI), has a multi-stream program of research which focuses on investigating patient safety in the health system and particularly, the role of information and communication technologies in supporting improved health care delivery and health outcomes. The Centre’s research team is very multi-disciplinary and applies a broad range of multi-method research techniques.
As a part of the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, AIHI’s research centres work in the separate but related areas of clinical governance, implementation science, health informatics, health services and health systems and safety.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, the applicant will demonstrate respond to the selection criteria below in their CV and a 1-2 page cover letter:
- A tertiary degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. laboratory science, nursing, medicine, health informatics, psychology, pharmacy, public health, allied health)
- Demonstrated multi-method research skills and experience, including expertise in qualitative research, together with experience and knowledge of key aspects of quantitative research
- Literature database search skills and skills in literature analysis, report writing and formatting
- Ability to understand and comply with the statutory privacy and ethical requirements for research and experience in preparing human research ethics applications
- Experience working and/or conducting research within the Australian health system
- Understanding of clinical and laboratory work, and clinical information systems
- Demonstrable skills in the analysis of quantitative and qualitative data using appropriate data analysis software
For further information regarding this role please click here to view the position description
Salary Package: From $70,699 to $80,381 p.a. (HEW Level 5) (pro-rata for part time appointments) plus 9.5% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading.
Specific Role Enquiries: Professor Andrew Georgiou, Diagnostic Informatics lead, Centre for Health Systems and Safety Research, Australian Institute of Health Innovation firstname.lastname@example.org
General Recruitment Enquiries: Daniella Oreskovic, email@example.com
Applications Close: Monday, 22 October 2018 at 11:55pm (AEDT)
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.