Casual Service Desk Advisor (four positions available)
Job no: 504714
Work type: Casual
Vacancy type: Internal Vacancy, External Vacancy
- Salary Package: $44.38 per hour (Casual HEW 4), plus 9.5% employer's superannuation
- Appointment Type: Casual
The Role (four positions available)
The core responsibility of the Service Desk Advisor is to provide effective first level IT support to all MQ staff and students for all service requests, including incident diagnosis, troubleshooting and accurate recording of calls received and resolution activities.
The position will primarily be responsible for:
- Providing Level 1 IT support via phone, email and in-person
- Logging, troubleshooting, resolving or escalating and accurately recording incidents and service requests using Service Now
- Remote desktop software installation and troubleshooting
- Troubleshoot, setup and configure devices including iPad, iPhone, Android, Surface Pro etc.
- Create and maintain user profiles and access
- Contribute to the identification and development of potential improvements to response procedures for commonly reported incidents.
- In consultation with Service Desk Team Leader, record and maintain the team knowledge base and FAQ
- Comply with relevant EEO and WHS Regulations
- Perform any other duties as required and as appropriate for the incumbent’s level of competence.
To be considered for this position, you will have an IT background (studying or working) and also demonstrate the below criteria in your CV and cover letter:
- Demonstrated experience working with ITIL based processes, strong incident management skills
- Clear communication skills – written and spoken
- The ability to work independently and as a team
- Experience working with Windows Operating system, MAC OS and Active Directory
- Experience working in customer service
- ITILv3 Certified
- Microsoft and other industry certifications
- Microsoft Windows 7/8/10
- MAC OS
- Microsoft Office365
- Outlook 2016 for Windows and MAC
- Google APPs
- Active Directory
- Service Now
A requirement for this role is shift work.
The successful applicant will need to be available for a 7-day roster between the hours of 8am and 8pm.
The IT Service Desk provides a first point of contact for MQ staff and students. We provide various service delivery modes including a central phone number, desk side support, self-service support and online request service.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
Specific Role Enquiries: Shirley Yu, IT Service Desk Team Leader on firstname.lastname@example.org
General Recruitment Enquiries: Samantha Poulos, HR Administrator on email@example.com
Applications Close: Thursday 25 October at 11:55pm (AEDT)
Location: Macquarie University Campus, North Ryde
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search resultsPrint application form Apply now