Post-Doctoral Research Fellow
Job no: 504774
Work type: Full Time
Vacancy type: Internal Vacancy, External Vacancy
Categories: Academic - Research Only / Fellowship
- Salary Package: From $71,781 to $96,655 p.a. (Level A), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
- Appointment Type: Full time (35 hours per week), Fixed term for 2 years
The Faculty of Arts is seeking to appoint a highly motivated Postdoctoral Research Fellow to undertake research into the relationships between public discourses on integration and the individual position of those affected by these discourses. Through methodological triangulation the project aims to provide insights into the occurrence of different discourses on integration in media and their influence on individual perceptions and definitions of integration. The successful candidate will undertake data collection and analysis that focuses on the Australian and German context on historically and politically different migration settings and will investigate and compare societal and political practices with regards to integration.
You will be a self-motivated researcher with proficient German and English language skills and a deep understanding of public discourses on integration and identity. You will possess highly developed qualitative research skills and a proven ability to conceptualise problems and challenges and develop well-reasoned solutions. Ideally, you will be someone who can work independently to conduct an international research project and liaise with a range of stakeholders.
The Faculty of Arts is united in the spirit of interdisciplinary discovery. Our research is gaining global recognition and with two research centres, two museums and state-of-the-art media facilities, we empower our staff to transform themselves and the world around them.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, please apply online and provide a cover letter as well as a separate document responding the selection criteria below:
- A doctorate in a relevant discipline area such as International Studies
- Evidence of advanced knowledge in qualitative research methods
- Evidence of well-developed written and verbal communication skills in both English and German, for example, publications in relevant academic environments in German and English
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of a team to develop and complete research tasks, as well as the motivation and discipline to carry out autonomous research.
- Evidence of a strong research record or demonstrated research potential in the area of Discourse and Society, with a focus on publishing articles in top journals.
- A deep understanding of key underlying theoretical concepts in discourses on integration.
- A demonstrated ability to interact with external/internal collaborators and stakeholders.
Enquiries: Sally Langford, HR, at email@example.com
Applications Close: Wednesday 2nd January 2019 at 11:55pm (AEDT)
Location: Macquarie University, North Ryde, Macquarie Park
This position requires qualifications checking.
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search resultsPrint application form Apply now