- Salary Package: From $117,890 to $124,511 p.a. (HEW Level 9), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
- Appointment Type: Full time, fixed term for 3 years
- Macquarie University (North Ryde) location
We are seeking a strategic professional experienced in managing a diverse portfolio of health or research activities to deliver on the Institute's strategic goals. Reporting directly to the AIHI Director, you will provide expert advice to the Director and other key stakeholders on health research and project opportunities; resource planning and management; and future development of the Institute. You will be responsible for coordinating a variety of multi-centre research projects and capable of promoting the productivity, profile and impact of this prestigious health services research institute.
You will be an experienced manager with a strong interest in health services and systems research. A background incorporating skills in people, project and financial management, research administration and relationship management will be required. You will have excellent communication skills and the capability to report on, disseminate, and translate research outcomes. If you are a can-do person, enjoy variety and seek a fast-paced work environment, your application is warmly welcomed.
As a part of the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, the Australian Institute of Health Innovation (AIHI) is an internationally acclaimed powerhouse researching health systems, e-health, and patient safety. AIHI brings together three unique research centres that work in the separate but related areas of clinical governance, implementation science, artificial intelligence, health informatics, health services and health systems research, and quality and safety. It also administers the NHMRC Partnership Centre for Health System Sustainability which incorporates research conducted by all three Centres as well as a further six participating institutions.
AIHI is the largest grouping of health services researchers in Australia and one of the largest in the world. Its goal is to create valuable, high-impact research that drives changes in policy, practice and behaviour for the benefit of patients world-wide. AIHI values collaboration, innovation and provides excellent capacity building opportunities for staff.
AIHI has experienced rapid growth and we anticipate this will continue in the foreseeable future. AIHI is a multidisciplinary environment and operates with a philosophy of teamwork and mutual professional support and respect. We have an excellent reputation for supporting scholarship, collaborative research and achieving impact.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, applicants must address the selection criteria below in a separate document and upload the document as part of the application process.
- Postgraduate qualifications and/or relevant experience in managing large health or research collaborations
- A strong interest in improving health services and systems
- A successful track record in sourcing funds, financial management and reporting
- Experience in the development and implementation of business strategy at a senior management level
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Experience in the management of multiple, complex projects and successfully delivering to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, including the capacity to present, write persuasively and interpret research findings for diverse audiences
- Strong people management skills and a keen interest in developing staff and workplace culture
- Exceptional interpersonal and negotiation skills.
Note: this position requires a criminal record check.
For further information regarding this role, please click here to view the position description
General Enquiries: Daniella Oreskovic at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Sunday, 25 November 2018 at 11:55pm (AEDT)
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.