Student Administration Adviser
Job no: 504822
Work type: Casual
Vacancy type: Internal Vacancy
- Appointment type: Casual
- Salary Rate: HEW 3, $38.73 per hour
The Faculty of Business and Economics has several employment opportunities in 2019 for casual Student Administration Advisers.
Reporting to the Student Administration Team Leader, the successful candidate will support students enrolled in its university programs. You will provide a wide array of advice to ensure that students are accurately informed.
In the Faculty of Business and Economics we are highly engaged with the world around us, applying our knowledge to make a positive impact. Working with our corporate partners, students and alumni, we create and share research that addresses business and societal challenges. We attract independent thinkers from all corners of the globe and draw on our international connections to improve the lives of communities worldwide. Our courses are recognised by key industry bodies and include the country's longest-running and most highly regarded actuarial studies and finance programs.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, please apply online with a CV and attach a cover letter addressing each of the selection criteria below:
- A cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.5/4 or 4.5/7 in a degree or major offered by the Faculty of Business and Economics;
- A minimum of 1.5 years remaining in a degree after appointment and will not be going on exchange during the time of employment;
- Available to complete mandatory training on 7 and 8 January 2019.
- Available for on the job training from 9 January for the summer break;
- Available to work during Session breaks and must be available enrolment period for new students S1 (February) and S2 (July);
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills including the ability to prepare routine correspondence and documentation;
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills including the ability to plan and set priorities in order to efficiently handle a varied workload;
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with an ability to relate to a diverse range of people from varied backgrounds, including students, staff and members of the public;
- Demonstrated ability to contribute and participate effectively and efficiently in a team environment.
Following a selection process, successful applicants will be included on the Eligibility List and contacted directly where there is an opportunity for employment. Inclusion on the Eligibility List does not imply that employment is guaranteed.
Please note that by providing an Expression of Interest for these positions, you agree that your details may be placed on our database for a period of 12 months.
Specific Role Enquiries: Katherine Knight on email@example.com
Applications Close: Monday 19th November 11:55pm (AEDT)
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search resultsPrint application form Apply now