Learning Designer - Academy for Continuing Professional Development in Education
Job no: 504840
Work type: Part Time
Vacancy type: Internal Vacancy, External Vacancy
- Salary Package: HEW Level 7, $92,143 - $99,903 p.a. (pro-rata) plus 9.5% employer’s superannuation and annual leave loading.
- Appointment Type: part-time, fixed term to 29 Apr 2020 (14 hours/week)
- Location: Macquarie University (Macquarie Park, North Ryde)
We specialise in blended, face to face, and online teaching and learning, building on universal design and best practice. In this role you will be required to design and develop professional learning courses for internal and external stakeholders.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing expert advice on course design, pedagogy and technology
- Developing tailored educational design solutions, based on an understanding of educational and technology issues and methodologies
- Ongoing development and management of our LMS capabilities, including resolution of technical issues, testing functionality, and monitoring client usage
- Designing and producing digital resources such as videos, animation and graphic elements, to incorporating into learning design
- Developing and maintaining an online Community of Practice for developers and facilitators
You will be a passionate learning designer with strong technical skills. You will be familiar with course design and development in Brightspace (or similar) and have a strong understanding of educational design and pedagogical principles.
The successful applicant will be confident engaging with a range of internal and external stakeholders, and will confidently create educational programs and professional development courses for a range of audiences.
The Academy of Continuing Professional Development in Education is a part of the Department of Educational Studies. The Academy offers many diverse professional development courses from across Macquarie University, enabling teachers to learn directly from the experts who are leaders in their fields. Course content is evidence-based and relevant to both the curriculum and challenges faced by educators today.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, please apply online and attach your resume and a separate cover letter that outlines how you meet to the selection criteria below. Previous applicants need not apply
- Qualification in education and or educational technologies
- Experience in designing professional development courses for adults
- Demonstrated experience in online, blended and face to face educational design
- Experience developing and managing a LMS, such as Brightspace or Canvas, to create and manage courses
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with various internal and external stakeholders
- High level of written communication and presentation skills
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated use of development tools or web development technologies for creating interactive and eLearning content (e.g. Captivate, Storyline, HTML5) (desirable)
Position Description: Learning Designer_FoHS_DES_7.pdf
Enquiries: Leanne Bamford Barnes – email@example.com
Applications Close: Tuesday 22 January, 2019 at 11:55pm EST
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search resultsPrint application form Apply now