Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Job no: 504852
Work type: Full Time
Vacancy type: Internal Vacancy, External Vacancy
Categories: Academic - Research Only / Fellowship
- Salary Package: $90,188 - $96,655 p.a. (Level A; PhD required), plus 9.5% employer’s superannuation and annual leave loading
- Appointment Type: Full-time, fixed-term (18 months)
- Macquarie University (North Ryde) location
The Department has the opportunity to appoint a plant ecologist at the level of Postdoctoral Research Fellow. We are seeking candidates with an outstanding research record in plant ecology, with experience in field studies, designing and conducting glasshouse experiments and HDR student supervision.
Successful candidates will:
- Conduct outstanding research in plant ecology, drawing strength from the department’s integrative biology and building on existing research strengths in terrestrial plant ecology
- Work collaboratively with the Head of Department to run a dynamic research group in plant ecology
- Contribute to the department’s outreach activities
You will have completed a PhD in plant ecology or a relevant discipline. Your collaborative approach to working with others will ensure you perform effectively within an inter-disciplinary and international environment. If you are an excellent communicator with a proactive nature, then this is a role you will thrive in and a department you will enjoy working with.
The Department of Biological Sciences at Macquarie University is a vibrant and collegial community of teachers, researchers and students working across a wide range of biological disciplines. We are a leading research department, conducting research at all levels of biological organisation as well as across a diversity of taxa. Our areas of research strength are conservation biology, ecology, evolution and animal behaviour. Emerging areas of research strength are biosecurity (invasive pests and pathogens), urban ecology and climate change adaptation. For more information please visit http://bio.mq.edu.au/
To be considered for this position, please apply online by submitting your cv and a separate cover letter that demonstrates how you meet the following selection criteria below.
- PhD in plant ecology or a relevant discipline
- A strong track record of excellence in plant ecological research
- Demonstrated capacity to undertake independent field and glasshouse experimentation
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
- Demonstrated capacity to supervise students at Higher Degree Research level
- Demonstrated experience overseeing safe work practices in a laboratory environment
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of an ecological research laboratory and experience managing budget and equipment
Please note to be eligible for this role applicants must have the right to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Specific Role Enquiries: Professor Michelle Leishman on email firstname.lastname@example.org
General Recruitment Enquiries: Diane Abinoja on email@example.com
Applications Close: Friday, 30th November 2018 at 11:55pm AEST
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search resultsPrint application form Apply now