Job no: 504864
Work type: Full Time
Vacancy type: Internal Vacancy, External Vacancy
- Salary Package: From $65,164 - $70,232 p.a. (HEW Level 4), plus 9.5% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
- Appointment Type: Full time, fixed term until 8 April 2020
- Macquarie University (North Ryde) location
The Faculty of Science and Engineering is seeking an enthusiastic and customer focused Administrator Assistant to provide transactional administrative support for the Faculty of Science and Engineering.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Undertaking transactional finance activities for the Faculty
- Contributing to the design, development and implementation of improvements to administrative systems, processes and procedures
- Assisting with department transactional finance workloads during peak periods
- If needed, provide reception support
Drawing on your experience gained in a similar role, ideally within a tertiary environment, you will work with minimum supervision, show initiative and anticipate requirements, ensuring deadlines and objectives are met. You will have superb organisational skills and the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks. You will also possess a high level of Microsoft Office skills and have strong experience providing transactional finance and general administrative support in a high-volume environment. If you are an excellent communicator with a proactive nature and are flexible and resilient in your approach, then this is a role you will thrive in.
Macquarie University’s Faculty of Science and Engineering is undergoing a dynamic period of growth from 2017 and beyond. The faculty consists of a newly formed School of Engineering, nine departments and associated research centres. We are searching for talented and energetic professional staff for a number of exciting administrative positions.
The Faculty offers true diversity, with more than 500 passionate staff and an engaged student body who are dedicated to the advancement of science and engineering in the 21st century. Each staff member enjoys a distinct place in our team, with recognition for their unique perspective and support for their collaboration goals. This diversity allows us to continue to learn, grow and create in innovative and exciting ways.
To be considered for this position, applicants must address the Selection Criteria below in a separate document and upload the document as part of the application process.
- Proven track record in delivering high quality transactional finance processing and administrative services to a diverse group of clients or stakeholders
- Demonstrated track record of time management and organisational skills including the ability to prioritise and work to deadline
- Contributing to and working in collaboration with a team
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office, internet and email
General Enquiries: Meredith Lowe, Operations Manager on Meredith.firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Friday, 23rd November at 11:55pm AEST
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search resultsPrint application form Apply now