- Salary Package: From $71,052 - $80,783 p.a. (Level 5), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
- Appointment Type: Full-time, fixed term (2 years)
- Macquarie University (North Ryde) location
Macquarie University’s Australian Astronomical Optics is seeking a skilled and efficient administrator to provide administration support to the Department. As an Administration and Outreach Coordinator, you will be responsible for providing administrative support for the Department’s outreach activities and secretarial support for the leadership team and supporting outreach activities with partner organisations.
You will have experience working with internal and external stakeholders and have experience providing personal assistant support for senior department staff with preparation of documents for committees, conferences and meetings. You will be experienced in coordinating and organising on and off-site department/Hub events and meetings, including arranging bookings, catering, travel and conference attendance. You will have experience assisting in the drafting and distribution of department communications, ensuring website content is updated and current, collecting data and preparing reports as required.
From 1 July 2018, Macquarie has become the new home for the instrumentation group of the former Australian Astronomical Observatory. Over decades, this Sydney-based group has established an enviable reputation for its precision engineering capability and expertise within astronomy instrumentation across optical, mechanical and electronic precision engineering.
Macquarie is excited to take a significant role in leading and growing Australia’s strength in astronomical instrumentation, partnering with the Australian National University and the University of Sydney to establish a new national capability for astronomical instrumentation under the banner Australian Astronomical Optics (AAO).
AAO-Macquarie has come to the University with a new vision and an exciting agenda for transformation – in both scale and efficiency. As part of its expansive new vision, AAO-Macquarie’s team of experts will build on the University’s existing strengths in astronomy, photonics, laser technology, microfabrication, applied optics and sensing communications, with the aim of increasing industry engagement, identifying opportunities to apply AAO-Macquarie’s expertise to medicine and defence, and expanding its presence in the fields of optics and sensing, in addition to the ongoing mission of world-leading excellence in astronomical instrumentation.
The AAO-Macquarie group has a long-standing commitment to advancing equity and diversity principles. We hold silver status in the Pleiades awards, Australia’s scheme for certifying commitment and progress in equity, diversity and inclusion in astronomy and physics, and are committed to continual improvement in these principles.
To be considered for this position, please apply online by submitting your cv and a separate cover letter that demonstrates how you meet the following selection criteria:
- Demonstrated skills and experience in providing administrative and secretarial support including office and diary management activities
- Experience in establishing and managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Experience in preparing internal communications, agendas, minutes, reports and presentations
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management skills, with experience in coordinating events and projects
- Ability to manage confidential matters with discretion
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Office Applications and Outlook
- Experience in updating and maintaining website
- Understanding of social media platforms
For further information please see the Please see description
Specific Role Enquiries: Neville Legg on Neville.email@example.com
Applications Close: Wednesday, 19 December 2018 at 11:55pm EST
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.