The Department of Marketing in the Faculty Business and Economics has a vision to become a leading evidence-based Department of Marketing. The department is building a reputation for leading-edge research and teaching. In support of this vision and enhancing further our reputation the department is seeking highly qualified academics (Level B-C and D) in Marketing.
- Salary Package: from $101,877 - $120,537 (Level B); from $124,392 - $143,051 (Level C) and from $149,391 – $164,321 (Level D) plus 17% employer’s superannuation and annual leave loading
- Appointment Type: Full-time, continuing
- Macquarie University (North Ryde) location
We are currently seeking qualified academic with scholarly expertise in-
- Marketing Strategy
- Brand Management
- Marketing and Innovation
- Marketing Supply Chains
- B2B and Sales Management
The successful applicant will be expected to make a strong contribution to research, teaching in both undergraduate and postgraduate, service, and make a positive contribution to the reputation of the Department. You will be expected to produce research of international standing and actively contribute to undergraduate and postgraduate teaching in the Department. They will have a strong work ethic, a practical approach, and be passionate about the quality of their work. Successful applicants will join a dynamic team of academics who publish in top international journals, engage deeply within the marketing community and hold external competitive grants. The Department and faculty provides an excellent research environment.
You will bring a wealth of academic and industry knowledge combined with relevant post-graduate accounting qualifications and professional memberships. Your extensive high-quality research record in areas of marketing, including marketing strategy, brand management, marketing and innovation and marketing supply chains is fundamental to the role. You should have a proven ability to present to a range of stakeholders, along with demonstrating a collaborative approach in the way you work with others. If you have excellent communication skills with a proactive approach you will undoubtedly flourish in this role.
In the Faculty of Business and Economics we are highly engaged with the world around us, applying our knowledge to make a positive impact. Working with our corporate partners, students and alumni, we create and share research that addresses business and societal challenges. We attract independent thinkers from all corners of the globe and draw on our international connections to improve the lives of communities worldwide. Our courses are recognised by key industry bodies and include the country's longest-running and most highly regarded actuarial studies and finance programs.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, please apply online by submitting the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria;
- A current curriculum vitae (CV);
- Other documents, if required.
To be considered for this position applications must respond to the selection criteria below and attach as a separate document in the application process.
- A relevant PhD or equivalent;
- Outstanding contributions to scholarship and research in the discipline as evidenced by recent publications in high quality (especially in the areas listed below) in high impact factor A* and A journals (listed in ABDC ranking as A* and A);
- Proven, high-quality research in marketing areas such as marketing strategy, brand management, marketing and innovation, marketing supply chains, sales;
- Proven ability to attract industry funding and/or competitive government funding;
- Demonstrated capability of successful HDR supervision and mentoring of research students and early career researchers;
- Experience in the development and ongoing partnerships with industry and professional bodies;
- Demonstrated academic leadership skills, particularly in the area of research;
- Proven capacity to undertake service and leadership responsibility at a senior level in the Department, and to contribute at Faculty and University levels;
- Distinguished record of high-quality teaching and involvement in program development at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels (in marketing strategy, brand management, marketing and innovation or marketing supply chains, sales);
- High quality interpersonal and communication skills, demonstrated commitment to teamwork in the discipline, and a strong sense of professionalism and integrity in matters related to all academic activities.
Specific Role Enquires: Professor Aron O’Cass, Head of Department on email@example.com
General Recruitment Enquiries: Samantha Keane, Human Resources on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Friday, 4th January 2019 at 11:55pm (AEDT)
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.