- Salary Package: $104,209 to $112.618 p.a. (HEW Level 8), plus 17% employer’s superannuation and annual leave loading
- Appointment Type: Full time, continuing
- Location: Macquarie University (North Ryde, Macquarie Park)
The Ethics and Integrity team is looking for a people focused team leader with a solid background in applying ethical regulatory frameworks to research involving humans across the medical, humanities and social science disciplines.
The successful applicant will play a key role in managing the day-to-day operations of the Human Ethics Secretariat and will provide interpretation, guidance and advice to the Human Research Ethics Committee (Medical Sciences) whilst also representing and providing executive support to the Director, Research Ethics and Integrity.
This role requires exemplary analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to effectively communicate with researchers when responding to complex enquiries.
About Research Services
Research Services is responsible for the management of research that takes place at Macquarie University or is conducted by University staff. Within Research Services, the Ethics and Integrity Team assists the University to achieve its research goals by ensuring that research conducted at the University:
- meets best practice requirements relating to human and animal research ethics
- adopts the highest standards in relation to monitoring and managing animal welfare issues
- ensures research practices meet high standards of integrity and are in accordance with the Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, please apply online and attach your resume and a separate cover letter (maximum 3-4 pages) that outlines how you meet to the selection criteria below:
- A degree qualification in science or the humanities or a related field and/or experience working in a Research environment
- Ability to consult with and assist researchers to manage ethical issues and risk to ensure a high standard of research integrity
- Good knowledge of the 'The National Statement and the Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research' and ability to provide advice to the committee on how these relate to research
- Proven ability managing a process driven environment
- A demonstrated collaborative approach to team management, promoting a service focused environment
- Knowledge of, and experience with, regulation/ legislation in clinical trial research
For further information regarding this role, please view the position description:
Human Ethics Team Leader and Secretary to HREC _Medical Sciences_8.pdf
This position requires a criminal record check.
Role specific enquiries: Karolyn White on firstname.lastname@example.org or 2 9850 7854
General recruitment enquiries: Letitia Poile on email@example.com
Applications Close: Friday, 11 January 2019 at 5:00pm AEDT
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.