- Senior leadership role with Australia’s first fully integrated health services
- Opportunity to lead and drive the delivery of Finance services and solutions aligned to the MQ Health strategy
- Permanent role + Competitive salary package from $185,850 to $196,176 (HEW 10 Band 2), inclusive of 17% employer superannuation.
Reporting to the Group Chief Financial Officer you will:
- Lead the MQ Health and Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences Finance Strategy, planning and forecasts conferring with the Group CFO, DVC-Medicine and Health and MQ Health Chief Operating Officer.
- Provide strategic financial advice to MQ Health Executive, including financial modelling and analysis on strategic projects, new initiatives and acquisitions.
- Establish processes to integrate strategic plans with financial planning and ensure that financial and capital resources are deployed with integrity and aligned with MQ Health strategic objectives and HealthCare Services Plan.
- Build and nurture positive working relationships with a range of stakeholders including Macquarie University staff, vendors, academics, clinicians and other health care organizations.
- Lead and manage the MQ Health Finance team to drive change and build a high-performance culture
We are looking for a strong dynamic leader capable of building a high-performance, efficient, skilled and energetic team with a strong service-orientation in a complex and critical environment. You will have comprehensive knowledge of the Finance framework within a large and complex organisation in a health environment and appreciate current industry challenges.
You will have superior interpersonal and communication skills, including a track record of staff engagement in the adoption of technology. Your understanding of the finance function in a private health-care setting will enable you to deliver results in a dynamic environment with competing priorities.
MQ Health is Australia’s first and only fully integrated university-led academic health campus that brings together the excellence in clinical care at Macquarie University Hospital and Clinics with the teaching and research of the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences. The commitment of MQ Health to patient-centred care is captured by our values-based culture of caring, integrity, teamwork, innovation, ambition and engagement. Our vision is to be a world-class university health science centre that integrates clinical care, learning and research to improve lives.
To be considered for this position, please apply online and attach your resume and a separate cover letter that outlines how you meet the selection criteria below:
- Demonstrated experience leading a Finance function in a private health care setting;
- Proven ability to build and nurture positive, collaborative working relationships with a range of stakeholders;
- Understanding and experience in developing financial solutions in an hospital environment;
- Capability in managing the negotiations with Health Care funds requiring engagement with Health Insurance Funds;
- Proven ability to lead transformative change
For further information regarding this role please view the position description below:
Position Description: Associate Director Finance MQ Health.pdf
Role Specific Enquiries: Robin Payne, Group Chief Financial Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org
General Enquiries: Selma Tas, HR Consultant on email@example.com
Applications Close: Friday, 21 December 2018 at 11:55pm (AEDT)
Location: Macquarie University, North Ryde NSW 2109
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.