HREC and Regulatory Administrator
Job no: 505133
Work type: Full Time
Vacancy type: Internal Vacancy, External Vacancy
- Salary Package: From $71,052 - $80,783 p.a. (HEW Level 5), plus 9.5% employer’s superannuation and annual leave loading
- Location: Macquarie University (North Ryde)
- Appointment Type: Full-time, fixed-term for 12 months
Seeking a candidate with experience in preparing, coordinating and advising on human ethics committee applications and processes within the medical field, to support the clinical trials unit and our researchers and sponsors in the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences. In this role you will be responsible for the end-to-end processing of these applications including preparing applications and documentation and processing ongoing updates and amendments, as required.
You will have a working knowledge of the Human Research Ethics Committee (HREC) requirements and will bring to the role outstanding written and verbal communication skills to be able to provide procedural advice to sponsors and researchers while ensuring that applications are compliant with relevant policies, guidelines and regulations related to the conduct of human research and clinical trials. You will also possess superb organisational and administration skills with an ability to prioritise tasks in this busy role.
The Macquarie University Clinical Trials Program at the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences was set up in January 2013 to provide patients with opportunities to participate in the latest medical advances in cancer treatment. The Program has since continued to grow with research into a range of therapeutic areas drawing from the University’s research centres and works closely with industry sponsors to deliver timely access to cutting-edge therapies. The Clinical Trials Program is strategically placed within a unique academic health environment co-located on campus, which encompasses Macquarie University Hospital (Australia’s only university-owned and operated hospital), private outpatient clinics and the medical research undertaken within the Faculty.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, applicants must write a cover letter (of no more than 2 pages) addressing the selection criteria below. The cover letter document and resume can be uploaded as part of the application process.
- Demonstrated understanding of human ethics research applications and committee processes, particularly in a clinical research environment.
- Experience working in a clinical research ethics and regulatory environment preferred.
- Knowledge of legislation and regulations relating to medical research conduct.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office and database management, and experience in using complex information management systems.
- Demonstrated experience working in a detailed administration role, including preparation of reports and documentation required by committees with attention to detail and knowledge of ethical conduct of clinical research.
- Providing advice and support to diverse range of stakeholders, especially working in a complex organisation.
For further information regarding this role, please click here to view the position description.
Role-specific Enquiries: Radhika Butala at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Thursday, 24 January 2019 at 11:55pm EST
This position requires you to comply with occupational screening, assessment and vaccinations in line with Macquarie University health requirements and a criminal record check.
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search resultsPrint application form Apply now